This easy, spicy cilantro jalapeño hummus is going to be your new favorite dip! Hummus is my go to healthy dip! It is so versatile and I love to play around with the flavors and this cilantro jalapeño packs such great taste!
Serve it with a variety different veggies, crackers, or pita chips for dipping. Spread it on your avocado toast and top it with a fried egg, game changer! Make in minutes if your using canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans). The hummus is addicting. I left it in the fridge and when I came back it was gone! It is great addition to serve on your veggie platter!
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
Creamy, addicting and delicious!
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 inch thumb of jalepeno, more if your like it spicy!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and process till smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed! Enjoy!
The most perfect Gluten, Refined Sugar & Dairy free Brownies! They are so fudgy, rich, and chocolatey with a crispy exterior. This is a one bowl mix!
I have fallen in love with Almond Flour! Its become my favorite flour to bake with. It is no surprise that I have a sweet tooth. Baking a brownie that taste like a brownie but is so much healthier than your average brownie brings me pure joy! I don’t like feeling icky after eating junk, so here you have my healthified brownie babes!
Brownies have always been my favorite chocolate fix. I love the simplicity of them! The fudgier the better in my opinion! You won’t even notice they are gluten, refined sugar or dairy free! Store them in the fridge, they won’t last long!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Rich, supremely dense, crinkly outside thick and fudgy inside! Refined sugar, Gluten, and Dairy FREE!
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, coconut sugar. Mix till alll ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Plant based protein packed smoothie as creamy as a milkshake. Made with simple and healthy ingredients that will will keep you full and satisfied. Easy enough to make in large batches and store in the freezer!
I love all my make ahead meals!! FoodSaver FM200 helps me save time and money, keeping my food fresh as can be!! As a proud partner with them I bring you the most delicious superfood packed make ahead smoothie! Life is so much easier when things are prepped and ready to go!
As a busy mama, meals need to be quick with minimal cleanup! There is no more excuses for me to go spend 8.00 on a smoothie when I have my favorite ready to go in the freezer! Honestly, who doesn’t like to save time and money?! I’d like to also mention its the number 1 best selling vacuum sealing brand, ETL safety certified and comes with a 5 year limited warranty!
These smoothie packs will store in your freezer for months thanks to the life saver… I MEAN FoodSaver!! Pull it out, pour in milk and blend it up! It is so creamy and delicious, the combination of mint and chocolate is ridiculously good! You can easily put together a bunch of these and have smoothies ready for the whole month! Total time saver and no yucky freezer taste or freezer burn!!
Left overs, meats, fruits and veggies, trust me this vacuum does it all. I would never partner with a brand I didn’t know or love! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie Freezer Pack
Creamy plant based protein packed smoothie!
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 avacado
- 1 scoop protien powder, chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk and ice into the FoodSaver bag. Seal bag and store in freezer.
- When ready to blend, dump contents plus 1 cup of coconut milk and ice into blender and blend till smooth.
This recipe is for 1 smoothie.
Homemade Appe Pie Filling taste so much better then canned filling~ This recipie is refined sugar free and vegan friendly! This pie filling will hit the spot and its so easy to whip up!
This is one pie that will put a smile on everyones face! My hubs and kids both love it. We are all collectively chocolate ice cream lovers, so the combo between rocky road ice cream and apple pie is a match made in heaven for us!
I sweetened this pie with coconut sugar and agave, we are all hooked on this APPLE PIE! This easy recipe is cooked on the stove top and is perfect to eat immediately or save for later! It is made with wholesome ingredient that won’t make you feel icky about eating. You will never need to buy another can of pie filling again.
Apple Pie Filling
DELICOUS AND REFINED SUGAR FREE!! APPLES, COCONUT SUGAR, AND CINNAMON ARE A DREAM. THIS PIE IS REFINED SUAGR FREE ANS ALSO VEGAN FRIENDLY!
- 1 9" pie crust
- 6 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter, regular or vegan
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tbsp corn starch can sub arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine apple slices and lemon, mix well.
- Place butter, coconut cream, coconut suagr, vanilla, cinnamon, water agave and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Stir and combine over medium heat, stir frequently. Once mixture boils, cook for 2 more minutes stirring often. Add Apples and turn to a simmer and cover. Cook and stir often for the next 6-8 minutes.
- Pour into your pie crust and bake for 35 minutes. Let pie cool completly before serving, as it cools the mixture will thicken.
- You can also store filling in a sealed jar for 1 week, keep in the fridge.
WOAH! Honestly the most LIT dip, sauce or spread to hit! Hands down my favorite dip, so creamy, spicy, salty everything you want in a dip. It is vegan friendly dairy, sugar and gluten free.
The base is cashews, they are the most favorable nut here in my kitchen, well other than me, haha! Here is the deal, I literately put this stuff on everything savory!! Morning scrambles, sweet potato fries, nachos, burritos, tacos, shall I continue? I spread it on my salmon for lunch and paired it with my Mexican Quinoa Salad https://wp.me/p9eIrW-Lr, so dang good!
So if your ready to get your meals next level do your self a favor and make some!! It will store in fridge for up to week. Chipotle packs a spicy kick, if you like the heat slowly add more till your desired level of spiciness. It’s a good one babes!!
Chipotle Cashew Cream
Creamy, Spicy, Salty, pretty much AMAZING!
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews, drained and rinsed (flash soak see step 1, I find overnight soak is best)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp chipolte chili pepper crushed ( I use Spice Hunter)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4 cups filtered water
- If you have not saoked cashews overnight, place cashews in boiling hot water and let soak for 1 hour, the drain troughly.
- Place cashews, galric, chipolte, lemon juice, salt and clinatro in a high speed blender.
- Blend on High, and slowly add in water, scrape down sides as needed. Blend till smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Taste and adjust acoordingly. I like to add more salt and chipolte.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate. Lefotovers will keep in fridge for 1 week.
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite protein choice. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings to your hearts desire!
Yogurt, fruit and granola are a breakfast staple around here. As I was eating my breakfast my mind went a little wild, so in the next hour I was serving up breakfast tarts to the fam.. The official taste testers here at Kays’ Clean Eat’s, ha!
The tarts are crunchy and sweet edible bowls that you can fill with anything you desire! The granola crust is a perfect blend of rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, hempseed, flax meal, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Guaranteed to make the house smell amazing as they bake! Honestly it was the perfect breakfast to settle into after lasts nights episode of Game of Thrones… still mind blown!
Your going to want the granola shell to cool completely so it can become more crunchy. If you notice the sides falling after being baked, gently push them back up with a spoon while tart is still hot. Let tarts completely cool before removing them otherwise it will crumble. They are delicate so be carful when removing them from the tart pan. You can also make one large 1o inch tart with this recipe.
The filling is yours to be creative with. We love honey vanilla greek yogurt, thats what I used for my filling. Other great options would be any non-dairy yogurt or even a custard or ice-cream for dessert! Top with seasonal fruits, the more color you add the more ascetically pleasing! If you make ahead do not add yogurt till right before serving, they will become soggy if it sits to long. I can not wait to see your remakes and the fruit you choose!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats can sub any oats quick, old fashion...
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal can sub flax seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup any liquid sweetner will work
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease 6 -7 mini tart pans.
- In a medium bowl mix togther the oats, seeds, flax, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Mix till everything is well coated.
- Transfer 3-4 tbsp of the mixture into each tart pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow tarts to fully cool. If you notice sides have sunk gently press them back into place with a spoon while still hot.
- Once completly cooled remove tarts carefully from pans using a knife to scrape sides if necesary. Tarts are delicate.
- Fill each tart with yogurt and smooth evenly.
- Top with fruit, coconut shreds and chia seeds. Serve immediatly to avoid crust becoming soggy!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with protein and fresh mediterranean flavors! It is filled with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, feta and pine nuts. Each bite is filled with texture and flavor. Its gluten free and can be vegan if you omit the feta.
This salad is an excellent side dish to your favorite protein. It works excellent in meal prep and is a great dish to bring to any BBQ or potluck. It is easy to adjust you can add or omit anything to your own personal preference. Hooray for warmer weather we can finally enjoy cold salads!
I absolutely love salads for lunch. I always use what I have, but today I was not craving a green salad! The jar of quoina in my pantry called to me! Kale and quinoa are so 2018.. I know! However combined with all the flavor in this salad, you can not go wrong! I had my husband eating this salad for lunch too.
The balance between the fresh parsley and lemon give this dish such a bright flavor!
THIS IS A GOOD ONE.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with protein with fresh mediterranean flavors! Its filled with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, feta and pine nuts. Each bite is filled with texture and flavor. Its gluten free and can be vegan if you omit the feta.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, vinager, oregano, garlic powder till well combined. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, feta and pinenuts.
- Drizzle the dressing, and garnish with fresh parsley. Season to taste. Serve cold.
Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread, I can’t get enough of it. Recipe is fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or to enjoy with your coffee or tea anytime!
The weather around here in Orange County is officially warming up! I am looking forward to endless beach days with the kids, and lots of summer recipe work. On a stroll through my local farmers market I could not get over how sweet the berries smelt from the stand. I stood there for a few minuets just smelling the berry air… obviously couldn’t resist that sweet smell so I purchased a flat of beautiful bright red strawberries. The recipe would probably work with frozen, however they do release more liquid so I would add more flour.
Strawberries at peak season are honestly the best to use in recipes, they add so much flavor to both sweet a savory dishes. My little girl loves to help me in the kitchen, together we made this super soft & moist bread, it bursts with strawberries in every bite! I love banana bread, the addition of sweet strawberries takes it to another level of deliciousness.
I know your going to love it!
Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread
Fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast or snack!
- 2 eggs can sub 2 flax eggs for vegan option
- 2 ripe and spotty bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mash bananas with a fork, add in eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix till well combined.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in chopped strawberries.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan. Add dark chocolate on top of loaf (optional).
- Bake at 350° 60-70 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is completely set.
Sweet, Salt and highly addictive snack mix. The perfect snack to bring in springtime!! It is filled with pretzels, cereal, m&m’s, Jordan almonds, and bunny grams, all coated in creamy white chocolate… no cooking required for this one!
This recipe is so much fun to make. I got the idea from my sweet girl Fiori, which I’m sure she heard about at preschool. However her intent is to actually catch the Easter Bunny so we can keep him, ha! Shortly after a discussion of why we probably should not catch the bunny, we started to create our Bunny Bait.
There is so many variations you can use, we mixed in what I had handy in the pantry. You can sub items you don’t like for items you do. This can easily be made for any Holliday, just change up the festive m&m’s, and throw in a few festive color sprinkles!
So I must warn you, should be called Bunny Crack, its addictive!!
To make the bunny bait, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Melt your white chocolate, be carful you don’t burn it. White chocolate has a tendency to burn quickly. Best to stir every 25-30 seconds. As soon as chocolate melts pour over mix, white chocolate hardens quick.
Easter Bunny Bait
Sweet & Salty
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 2 cups multigrain squares or rice chex
- 2 cups cheerios
- 2 cups bunny grams (I used Annie's Organic)
- 1 cup chocolate drops or m&m's
- 1 cup Jordan Almonds
- 1 12 oz bag quality white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the pretzel sticks, multigrain squares, cheerios, bunny grams, m&m's, and Jordan almonds. Try to evenly distribute everything.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut oil and white chocolate chips. You can do this buy microwaving for 25 seconds, stir, then microwave for 20 seconds, stir again till smooth. If it needs longer, microwave in 10 send bursts. This can also be don by placing the bowl over hot water and stirring.
- Pour the smooth white chocolate over the snack mix. Stir and combine so everything gets coated.
- Transfer the mix to your prepared baking sheet. Spread it on one even layer.
- Let it harden at room temperature. If you want it to harden quicker place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Store in a air tight container.