Nothing says October like Pumpkin Spice. These muffins are packed with pumpkin and topped with sugar. They are super moist and absolutely delicious. How else would I celebrate on the first day of October?
I could eat pumpkin muffins year-round. They give off all the cozy Fall feels. This time of year it seems like Trader Joe’s explodes with pumpkin everything and I am all for it! First on my list of pumpkin things to make was pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Next, these amazing muffins!
These muffins are a great pair to your cup of coffee or tea. They store great in the freezer and are easy to reheat.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Delicious pumpkin flavor with bursts of chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp almond butter any nut butter will work
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar if you like a sweeter muffin add in another 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- dash of salt
Spice and Sugar topping
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray each of them with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together your flour and baking powder then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, sugar, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Whisk in the flour mixture to your large bowl of wet ingredients BUT be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and pumpkin spice for topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners and sprinkle each muffin with the sugar and pumpkin spice mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5-7.