Monster Rice Krispies Treats are much nicer than the ones hiding under your bed! Frightfully fun and perfect to bring as school treats or to a Halloween party.
These are so fun to make and your kids will have a blast helping you. The Rice Krispies Treats recipe is simple, I choose to make my own but you can also use store-bought ones. Once you have your Rice Krispies, dip it in your favorite candy coating and add candy eyes!
I can’t really say that I have always been festive over the top celebrator of any holiday. That is until I had my own kids, and now I may just be out of control! Seeing the joy in their eyes is everything! The Holliday season kicks off in October, well if your Starbucks September, but for me, it’s October and it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Making Halloween themed food with the kids is a blast! We love our FrakenFine Guacamole, Mummy Dogs, and Monster Rice Krispies Treats!
I used my family recipe for these Rice Krispies Treats. Every time I make them it takes me right back to fond childhood memories. I love being able to pass it along to my kids! The Rice Krispies Treats have 4 ingredients butter, marshmallows, vanilla extract, and salt. Makes for the thickest, chewy and delicious Rice Krispies Treats. Everyone will love these with or without a monster on it!
To make the monster come alive on your treats you will need colorful candy coatings such as Wiltons Candy Melts, and candy eyeballs. Both can be found at most craft stores, I found them at Michaels Craft Store.
Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 oz marshmallows, I used 2, 10-ounce bags of Trader Joes brand.
- 1 stick of butter, 8 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 7 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 125-140 candy melts; can sub dark chocolate or white chocolate
- candy eyes
- parchment paper
Rice Krispie Treats
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once melted add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Turn off heat and add in vanilla extract, salt, and cereal. Combine till mixed.
- Pour into your baking dish and gently press down. Let set in the fridge for 5-10 mins before you cut.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip tops of treats in melted candy and place on parchment paper. Immediately place candy eyes on treats before candy coating sets.
- You can place them in the fridge to set quicker.
These Easy Mini Pizza Bites are delicious for kids and adults! Perfect size for kid’s meals or to serve up on football Sunday!
Kyson, my oldest son (6yrs old) has been begging me to put a pizza slice in his lunch now for a few months. I kinda just brushed it off hoping he would forget. But I tell you, kids, they don’t forget.. anything. So as I was doing my weekly grocery shop at Traders I saw the premade pizza dough. And at the very moment, I told myself to make Kyson’s lunchbox dreams come true, haha!
So I bought the premade dough, the sauce, and the mozzarella cheese. YES, 3 simple and easy ingredients away from sinking your teeth into these irresistible easy mini pizza bites. Initially, I was going to bake a whole pizza but while I was looking for my pizza pan out fell the mini muffin tin, it was a sign! It was meant to be and at that moment it came to me, EASY MINI PIZZA BITES!
This recipe is simple, I topped the easy mini pizzas bites with cheese and pepperoni however you can top with whatever toppings you like. They are a fantastic appetizer for kids, game day, or just because you love pizza 🍕 like Kyson!
- 1 16 oz Pizza dough ready to bake, I used trader joes brand
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- pepperoni slices, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Separate pizza dough evenly into twelve pieces. Gently stretch each dough and press them into the muffin cups.
- Place about a 1/2 - 1 tbsp of pizza sauce into each muffin. Then add cheese and pepperoni. Or use toppings of choice.
- Bake for 22-25 mins, depending on your oven, or until cooked through. You want dough slightly golden, and the cheese melted and bubbly. Enjoy!
Mummy Dogs the spookier version of pigs in a blanket! Frightfully fun to make and taste oh so delicious.
With 2 ingredients making Mummy Dogs is super simple. Make sure to get regular crescent rolls as reduced fat does not work well. I love the trader joes brand crescent rolls.
So if you are looking for a fun dish to bring to a party or just liven up your hot dogs, this is the recipe for you!
- 8 veggies, beef, chicken hot dogs
- 1 8 oz package of crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent rolls and lay flat. Using a pizza cutter slice dough into thin strips, about 1/8 inch wide.
- Wrap the crescent roll strips around the hot dogs and leave room at the top for mummy's eyes.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Just before serving add candy eyeballs or eyeballs using mustard. Serve immediately!
The mad scientist takes over this time of year.
Love Halloween? Yes, me too! One of my favorite holidays! Dressing up and eating all the goodies is the best for kids and adults. Halloween food is of the best and easiest holidays to create for!
Wach your food come to life when you shape into the famous Frankenstein monster. It is a great idea to get the little ones eating their veggies. Make this kid-friendly guacamole into a frightfully fun Halloween dish.
- 4-5 medium avocados
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper ( i used about a 1/2 tsp salt and a dash of pepper)
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit and skin. Place in mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork making it as smooth or chunky as you like.
- Add the spices and stir together.
- Shape on a plate in a square and add tortilla chips for hair. I used palm heart medallions and sliced olives for eyes, bell pepper for mouth, an olive for a nose and broccoli for ears.
With a pint of blackberries ready to eat and a few sad bananas in the fruit basket, I went ahead and took matters into my own hands. Whipped up this unique ONE BOWL, refined sugar free, Vegan and gluten free banana bread with a blackberry twist. This is not your average banana bread its a light, healthy and utterly delicious take on it!
Using a minimal 8 ingredients and one bowl because lets be honest…dishes are the pits! These bars where a huge hit after school today with my kiddos! Kid and mama approved is always a bonus!! This berrylicious banana bread is my new favorite. It is extremely simple to make, slightly dense, packs a big flavor and perfectly moist! The kids enjoyed it with a ice cold glass of almond milk and I love mine with some tea or coffee. It can be made in a bread pan but I find it comes out best in a brownie pan.
To make start with a medium size bowl and combine your ripe bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Mash bananas while mixing all ingredients together.
Now that wet ingredients are mixed, add in your almond flour and baking soda. Mix in the dry ingredients.
Gently fold in your blackberries, and transfer to your prepared baking dish.
Place more halved blackberries on top and bake!
Blackberry Banana Bread Bars
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blackberries halved
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, and greese a 9' x 13' cake pan, I use avocado oil spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Comnine till all ingredients are well incorperated.
- Add in the almond flour and baking powder, combine till all ingredients are mixed in.
- Gently fold in 3/4 cups of the blackberries, reserve the rest for topping.
- Pour batter into prapred cake pan. Using the back of a spoon even out the batter. Top with the rest of your blackberries.
- Bake for 1 hr and 5 mins. Let cool and enjoy!! Stores great in fridge!
Sweet, Salt and highly addictive snack mix. The perfect snack to bring in springtime!! It is filled with pretzels, cereal, m&m’s, Jordan almonds, and bunny grams, all coated in creamy white chocolate… no cooking required for this one!
This recipe is so much fun to make. I got the idea from my sweet girl Fiori, which I’m sure she heard about at preschool. However her intent is to actually catch the Easter Bunny so we can keep him, ha! Shortly after a discussion of why we probably should not catch the bunny, we started to create our Bunny Bait.
There is so many variations you can use, we mixed in what I had handy in the pantry. You can sub items you don’t like for items you do. This can easily be made for any Holliday, just change up the festive m&m’s, and throw in a few festive color sprinkles!
So I must warn you, should be called Bunny Crack, its addictive!!
To make the bunny bait, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Melt your white chocolate, be carful you don’t burn it. White chocolate has a tendency to burn quickly. Best to stir every 25-30 seconds. As soon as chocolate melts pour over mix, white chocolate hardens quick.
Easter Bunny Bait
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 2 cups multigrain squares or rice chex
- 2 cups cheerios
- 2 cups bunny grams (I used Annie's Organic)
- 1 cup chocolate drops or m&m's
- 1 cup Jordan Almonds
- 1 12 oz bag quality white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the pretzel sticks, multigrain squares, cheerios, bunny grams, m&m's, and Jordan almonds. Try to evenly distribute everything.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut oil and white chocolate chips. You can do this buy microwaving for 25 seconds, stir, then microwave for 20 seconds, stir again till smooth. If it needs longer, microwave in 10 send bursts. This can also be don by placing the bowl over hot water and stirring.
- Pour the smooth white chocolate over the snack mix. Stir and combine so everything gets coated.
- Transfer the mix to your prepared baking sheet. Spread it on one even layer.
- Let it harden at room temperature. If you want it to harden quicker place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Store in a air tight container.