Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a simple and healthy recipe bursting with flavor. Have this delicious meal out in 20 mins from start to finish!
There is nothing like a warm bowl of curry on a chilly day. I don’t know what is going on with me but I can not get enough of this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry. Literally I’ve eaten this 4 times in the past week!! My curry cravings are crazy, funny thing is that I never actually liked curry till 6 months ago! Maybe I am just making up for the lost time.
This dish has mild spice and is bursting with the most delicious cozy flavor. Serve it with some warm rice or naan and you got yourself the best meal ever! My love for curry lately is crazy, haha! The best part for me is it is that Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a quick, nutritious and delicious meal! I can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
A FEW RECIPES NOTES
- Use Veggies You Like in this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry: Broccoli, bok choi, peas, peppers, and eggplant would all be great additions!
- Rice: curry goes excellent with rice, rice noodles, and naan.
Love curry, also try 15 – Minute Chickpea Curry and Quinoa.
If you tried this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry please let me know how you liked it by leaving a rating and comment below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the delicious things happening around here!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz tofu, extra firm cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 15 oz coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt & Peper to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add in tofu and cook each side 1-2 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Transfer tofu to a separate bowl and add in the shallot and cauliflower. Cook for 1 minute. Then add in carrots, zucchini, garlic, and ginger let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together till well combined. Add back in tofu and bring the curry to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust if needed, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 244mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
The Egg Roll in a Bowl is a healthier twist on a traditional egg roll. This recipe has everything an egg roll offers without the deep-fried wrapper. It is vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free.
Ever just want Chinese takeout, but you just went grocery shopping and know you should probably use what you have, the story of my life! Egg rolls are my favorite especially with the sweet dipping sauce, however, Trader Joes Orange Chicken runs a close second.
After vacation, I’ve been making an attempt to just eat better. After having kids weight just seems to stick a little different, haha! And well it should be a no brainer that I ate all the tacos and margaritas in Mexico! Thus I really try to eat at home and use wholesome ingredients whenever possible.
Yesterday on our way home from the swim meet for my son we stopped by the store to pick up a few things for school lunches. Mondays sure do come quickly around here. Sunday grocery shopping is madness around these parts of town and the parking lots are not much better! Anyhow, I was on my way out of the grocery store it smelt like Chinese food, there is a Chinese restaurant close by and omg I knew what I wanted for lunch, Egg Roll in al Bowl of course! It is so easy to prepare and a great healthy alternative to deep-fried egg rolls.
This recipe is great for meal prep, make it once have it for the week! Egg Roll in a Bowl is a great way to add fiber to your diet. Cabbage has cancer-fighting sulfuric compounds yet another great reason to add it to your diet!
How To Make Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Optional Garnishes:
- siracha or garlic chili sauce
- coconut aminos
- bean sprouts
- green onion
Love quick meals? Also, try Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Bowls.
- 10 oz extra firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (can sub soy or tamari just use 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp agave
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cups carrots, grated (2 carrots)
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium-high. Add tofu and cook till golden brown about 3-4 minutes per side. You may need to stir more frequently to avoid sticking. Add more oil if necessary.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce or tamari), agave, black pepper and sriracha ( can sub chili garlic sauce).
- Pour sauce over tofu then add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; sauté till fragrant. Add cabbage and carrots sauté about 5 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and top with your favorite garnishes. Serve or rice or rice noodles.
siracha or garlic chili sauce
Stores great in the fridge and is an easy reheat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 701mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g
These Easy Mini Pizza Bites are delicious for kids and adults! Perfect size for kid’s meals or to serve up on football Sunday!
Kyson, my oldest son (6yrs old) has been begging me to put a pizza slice in his lunch now for a few months. I kinda just brushed it off hoping he would forget. But I tell you, kids, they don’t forget.. anything. So as I was doing my weekly grocery shop at Traders I saw the premade pizza dough. And at the very moment, I told myself to make Kyson’s lunchbox dreams come true, haha!
So I bought the premade dough, the sauce, and the mozzarella cheese. YES, 3 simple and easy ingredients away from sinking your teeth into these irresistible easy mini pizza bites. Initially, I was going to bake a whole pizza but while I was looking for my pizza pan out fell the mini muffin tin, it was a sign! It was meant to be and at that moment it came to me, EASY MINI PIZZA BITES!
This recipe is simple, I topped the easy mini pizzas bites with cheese and pepperoni however you can top with whatever toppings you like. They are a fantastic appetizer for kids, game day, or just because you love pizza 🍕 like Kyson!
- 1 16 oz Pizza dough ready to bake, I used trader joes brand
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- pepperoni slices, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Separate pizza dough evenly into twelve pieces. Gently stretch each dough and press them into the muffin cups.
- Place about a 1/2 - 1 tbsp of pizza sauce into each muffin. Then add cheese and pepperoni. Or use toppings of choice.
- Bake for 22-25 mins, depending on your oven, or until cooked through. You want dough slightly golden, and the cheese melted and bubbly. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup is cozy and comforting with bright fresh flavor from the lemons. This soup is healthy and tasty, made with simple ingredients, and the perfect meal for any night of the week.
Fall is in full swing around here and that means kids are back in school and schedules are crazy busy. Instant pot and slow cooker meals have saved the day for me. Monday’s, in particular, are our busiest day, we often don’t get home till 7 pm. So creating a delicious meal from scratch needs to be quick and easy!
My kids absolutely love this cozy and delicious soup with crunchy buttered sourdough. Fall is my favorite time cause that means loads and loads cozy delicious soup. I’m on a mission to turn hubs into a soup lover too, he still doesn’t consider soup to be a ‘meal’ ha! Don’t worry I will eventually turn him.
I made the Lemon Chicken Orzo soup with chicken breast but you can use chicken thighs too. I drop my chicken breasts in whole and shred them after the soup is cooked however you can cube them before cooking if you prefer a chunkier bite. Orzo pasta comes in whole wheat if you are looking for a healthier option and it is super cheap!
Can I make Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Stovetop?
Add 2 tbsp cooking oil or butter to your soup pot. Over medium-high heat sautee your diced onion, carrot, celery, and lemon zest till tender and fragrant.
Add-In your chicken breast and seasonings, cook 4 mins each side. You can also use pre-cooked shredded chicken if you choose to do this go ahead and skip this step.
Add in the broth and bring to a simmer for 20 mins. Add the orzo and stir till softened. If you are using pre-cooked chicken stir it in.
Shred your chicken if needed and add it back to the soup back to the soup. Stir in your spinach, lemon juice, parsley, and dill. Adjust seasonings to taste!
Dish, garnish, serve and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 3 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orzo
After Pressure Cooking:
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice, can adjust and add more if you like
- 1/4 cup parsley, diced
- 2 tbsp dill, diced, plus more for topping
- - fresh parsley and dill
- - grated parmesan cheese
- - lemon wedges
- - crisp sourdough bread
- Chop veggies and have all ingredients prepped before starting to cook the soup. Pressure cooking is quick so make sure you have everything prepped and ready.
- Turn pot on the sauté setting. Once the pot is hot add your butter or oil. Add in the onions and garlic stirring till tender and fragrant.
- Add in the lemon zest, carrots, and celery stirring frequently for about 35 seconds.
- Add in the chicken, salt, pepper, and oregano. Give it a quick stir and add the broth and orzo.
- Place lid on your pressure cooker and make sure the pressure regulator is set to the sealing position.
- Select the "manual" program, then set the time to 4 minutes at high pressure. You can also select the "soup" program and follow the same cooking time. It will take 7-10 minutes for your pressure cooker to come up to pressure for the actual cooking to begin.
- When the soup is done wait about 5 minutes and do a 'Controlled' Quick Release of the steam. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN RELEASING THE STEAM. When ready remove lid.
- Pull out chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks, place chicken back in the pot.
- Add in the lemon juice, spinach, parsley, and dill. Adjust seasonings! I like a lot of lemon juice so I typically will add more lemon juice and salt.
- Dish, Garnish, Serve, and Enjoy!!
15- Minute Chickpea Curry and quinoa is vegan + gluten-free and full of rich flavor and filling. It’s the perfect quick and easy meal.
This curry came about when I had already decided there is nothing to eat, ha! I am usually a salad and protein kinda girl at lunchtime. However, this is going to be a weekly staple! Believe it or not, I never liked curry as a kid. What the heck was I thinking missing out on all the great depth of flavors curry has to offer.
This curry is rich and mildly spicey, it is not an overpowering flavor of curry as I like mine mild. It is a perfect meal prep or just a quick lunch as it will be ready in no time!
Tip: Cook quinoa while you’re prepping the curry it will be ready at the same time.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan cook quinoa according to package.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and add your olive oil.
- Add your shallot, minced garlic, bell pepper, and broccoli. Sauté them for a few minutes until softened.
- Next, add in chickpeas and cook for another minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, salt and pepper, and curry powder. Stir and bring to a quick boil then reduce heat.
- Add in the spinach and cilantro. Stir till spinach is wilted.
- Serve with quinoa or rice, fresh lime, and spicy chili flakes. Enjoy!
Easy no-fuss Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls that are perfect for meal prep, lunch and dinner. Prepare these bowls and have a healthy lunch or dinner for the week!
After a week of all-inclusive eating tacos and drinking margaritas in Mexico, its time to get my clean eating back on track. Craving all the hearty vegetables now!! Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls are my favorite to eat during the week. Once you make this bowl you will find yourself wanting more, healthy eating does not have to be gross or boring.
Before we jump into the recipe I don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” they are customizable and easy to make. You can put different veggies in your bowl every time or just stick to your favorites.
- 2 cups cabbage (purple or green) cut in thin strips
- 1 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 bell pepper sliced core and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread out and evenly place veggies on your baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss till veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until veggies is tender but crisp on edges.
- While veggies are roasting prepare your quinoa. In a small saucepan combine water, quinoa, and salt. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover. Cook for 15 mins then turn off the heat, keep covered for 7 minutes while heat is off. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa and an assortment of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts. Enjoy!
- Note- if you are meal prepping you can place everything in containers and microwave when you are ready to eat.
- Optional but totally recommended to add avocado chunks!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with protein and fresh mediterranean flavors! It is filled with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, feta and pine nuts. Each bite is filled with texture and flavor. Its gluten free and can be vegan if you omit the feta.
This salad is an excellent side dish to your favorite protein. It works excellent in meal prep and is a great dish to bring to any BBQ or potluck. It is easy to adjust you can add or omit anything to your own personal preference. Hooray for warmer weather we can finally enjoy cold salads!
I absolutely love salads for lunch. I always use what I have, but today I was not craving a green salad! The jar of quoina in my pantry called to me! Kale and quinoa are so 2018.. I know! However combined with all the flavor in this salad, you can not go wrong! I had my husband eating this salad for lunch too.
The balance between the fresh parsley and lemon give this dish such a bright flavor!
THIS IS A GOOD ONE.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, vinager, oregano, garlic powder till well combined. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, feta and pinenuts.
- Drizzle the dressing, and garnish with fresh parsley. Season to taste. Serve cold.
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!