Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is a bright and fresh salad full of crunchy vegetables in every bite. Take it with you to a BBQ or serve it at home, this pasta salad goes with everything.
This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is one of those recipes you can serve with a lot of different dishes. We love it with our favorite grilled steak or chicken, and also on its own.
I have had orzo in my pantry for months, it’s one of those kinds of pasta I don’t use often but I should. Orzo tastes just like pasta, and it’s so easy to work with. Earlier this week I made it to Costco to get groceries it was a nightmare thanks to all the panic shopping going on because of COVID-19. I got lots of fresh produce and a big thing of feta crumbles, yum! I had everything on had to create this delicious Greek Orzo Pasta Salad!
Can I take this moment to do a little bragging? Okay! Both my kids thought Greek Orzo Pasta Salad was delicious!! They usually do not love dishes with diced raw onion, but no complaining this time, yay!
This Pasta Salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, a bbq, and even a gathering! Enjoy friends!
Love easy side dishes also try, Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, Beet, and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing, Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/4 black olives, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook orzo till al dente. Drain and run under cold water till completely cooled.
- Combine orzo, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, olives, and onion in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, and red wine vinegar. Whisk till combined.
- Pour over the salad and stir.
- Fold in the feta.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnishes like fresh dill or parsley and lemon wedges.
If you like more feta or onion you can always taste and adjust to your preference.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is incredibly delicious and simple to make! Tossed in a golden balsamic dressing this is the perfect salad for every occasion.
No salad pleases my taste pallet more than beet and goat cheese salad. The combination mixed with my golden balsamic dressing makes for an irresistible salad! Do not worry if you don’t like goat cheese because feta is an excellent substitute or no cheese. I bought this salad to my in-laws on Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with all the amazing thanksgiving side dishes!
The very first time I had beet and goat cheese salad was 5 years ago at my brother-in-law’s wedding, this salad pretty much swept my pregnant self off my feet. Since then I have been putting this salad into our weeknight meal rotation. My kids and hubby both love it which is a big bonus and I will never complain when they are eating their greens.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is healthy and delicious! I use arugula however I have subbed it with baby spinach and it was equally delicious. This salad will taste great with any baby lettuce or spring mix. I bring this salad most places I am asked to bring a salad. This salad is dedicated to all my people who are always asked to bring a salad if you know you know! So if you are one of those you better make the most delicious and aesthetically pleasing salad around!
Why do I love this salad so much?
- Simple ingredients: arugula, beets, candy pecans, and a bosc pear. I purchased all my ingredients at Trader Joes.
- Flexibility: you can swap out arugula for baby spinach. Any nut will work however I highly recommend candy pecans or walnuts. I love goat cheese especially with this salad but feta is an easy swap.
Love great tasting salads, also try Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 oz arugula
- 1 Bosc pear cored and sliced
- 5 oz package or steamed and peeled beets
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 4 oz goat cheese
Golden Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar ( like a mason or wreck jar) place cap on and give it a few shakes. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dice beets into small pieces.
- Core and slice pear thinly.
- Add arugula to a salad bowl and top with beets, pear slices, and candy pecans.
- Crumble goat cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Add salad dressing, toss and combine.
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!