This Apple Pie Smoothie is beyond delicious, it’s sweet and full of apple pie spice flavor! Made with wholesome ingredients this smoothie is so sweet and perfectly creamy.
I am in a pie craze phase in the middle of summer, haha, blaming it on my pregnancy! What baby wants baby gets! As much as I would love to bake a pie, all the sugar just is not the best for you! Not to mention the oven just heats the house and its already 90 degrees out! So the next best way to enjoy pie in the middle of summer, hello APPLE PIE SMOOTHIE!!
This completely blew my tastebuds away and satisfied my pie craving. I used greek yogurt for some extra protein however to keep this smoothie vegan you could add in your favorite plain plant-based yogurt. Personally I love smoothies that are just so cold and thick, so for this apple pie smoothie, I went ahead and stuck my apples and bananas in the freezer the night before. You could use them fresh the smoothie just won’t be as thick. Frozen or fresh fruit, whatever you prefer the flavor is downright DELICIOUS!!
Need more delicious smoothie ideas, also try:
- 2 frozen apples
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp molasses
- 3 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice ￼￼
- 1/2 cup milk￼ of choice
- coconut whipped cream for serving, optional
- cinnamon for serving, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender, blend till smooth. Serve with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, enjoy!
Papaya Dream Smoothie is perfect for these hot summer days, cool of with this sweet and refreshing smoothie. Made with fresh ripe papaya this is also great for digestion!
I LOVE papaya, I fell in love with the fruit down in Mexico, nothing truly compares to Mexican papaya. I love it so much I have my own papaya tree in the yard, ha! This is the first year it has sweet papaya fruit. There is something about growing my own fruits and vegetables that I just geek out on, I truly love it. This papaya smoothie has been a pregnancy staple for me a few times a week, however it so refreshing for ANYONE!
Now that I am getting further along into this pregnancy I find papaya to be super helpful with digestion and keeping things regular. I think a lot of us preggos truly understand how awful constipation can be during pregnancy. Always consult your doctor before you try anything, but mine told me as long as its very ripe go ahead and enjoy papaya! There is confusion around eating papaya while pregnant. That is because ripe papaya is good for pregnant women while unripe papaya isn’t.
Remember to always do what is best and what works for you during pregnancy, and always consult your midwife or doctor with any questions you have.
Ripe Papaya (yellow/orange soft skin)
Ripe papaya is a natural and healthy source of essential vitamins. If you have trouble finding ripe papaya I always find it helpful to ask the produce people. To ripen papaya quickly sit it in indirect sunlight, turning every so often so all sides ripen.
Ripe papaya is a healthy source of:
- vit. A, B, and C
- beta- carotene
Love easy summer recipes, also try:
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Strawberry Fields Salad
- Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 small ripe papaya ( about 1 cup), seeded and peeled
- 1 cup Frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt (use plant-based yogurt to keep vegan)
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 cup of ice
- chia seeds for serving
- Place all ingredients in your high-speed blender, blend to smooth, serve immediately topped with some chia seeds, and more greek yogurt if you desire.
This Pregnancy Blueberry Smoothie is loaded with nutritious and filling ingredients for mama and baby!
If it wasn’t for smoothies, soups, and stews this baby would be living off bagels in the first trimester! Smoothies go down easy and are full of nutrition anyone can enjoy, but especially for all my pregnant mamas out there! It’s important to get baby off to a great healthy start from the get-go!
I think it’s important for me to note that pregnancy is a great time to enjoy and splurge on those pregnancy cravings. However, it is equally as important to ensure mama and baby get the right nutrients to help you and baby thrive!
I loaded this smoothie up with organic blueberries, banana, greek yogurt, almond butter, dates, chia seeds, and oat milk but any milk will work. This blend is full of protein and healthy fats to help your growing baby!
Ingredients in Pregnancy Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberries: they are especially rich in folate and vitamin c which help our bodies absorb iron. Blueberries are also rich in antioxidants, which is something we all need.
- Greek Yogurt: hello cell growth, greek yogurt is full of protein and calcium. The probiotics are greek yogurt also help promote and healthy and happy gut. If you’re not consuming enough calcium baby will take stores from your body, its so important for bone development so make sure you are consuming enough calcium to benefit both you and baby!
- Banana: they are full of water-soluble vitamin B6. B6 is necessary for the development of the central nervous system of the baby. I like to keep a banana in my purse whenever I need a quick snack.
- Chia Seeds: My favorite superfood, rich in omega-3, fiber, and protein. They keep you full longer and also aid in baby brain and eye development.
- Dates: they have been found to increase cervical ripening and decrease the length of labor! A must add to your pregnancy diet ladies!
- Almond Butter: rich in magnesium, which can help nix those AWFUL nighttime leg cramps and help aid in the prevention of preeclampsia.
- Oat Milk: High in fiber and will help with constipation.
Love easy and healthy recipes, also try
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (organic if possible)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt (can sub vanilla Greek Yogurt)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high till smooth! If you like a thicker smoothie use a frozen banana and blueberries.
- Top smoothie with your favorite nuts or seeds, greek yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy
Plant based protein packed smoothie as creamy as a milkshake. Made with simple and healthy ingredients that will will keep you full and satisfied. Easy enough to make in large batches and store in the freezer!
I love all my make ahead meals!! FoodSaver FM200 helps me save time and money, keeping my food fresh as can be!! As a proud partner with them I bring you the most delicious superfood packed make ahead smoothie! Life is so much easier when things are prepped and ready to go!
As a busy mama, meals need to be quick with minimal cleanup! There is no more excuses for me to go spend 8.00 on a smoothie when I have my favorite ready to go in the freezer! Honestly, who doesn’t like to save time and money?! I’d like to also mention its the number 1 best selling vacuum sealing brand, ETL safety certified and comes with a 5 year limited warranty!
These smoothie packs will store in your freezer for months thanks to the life saver… I MEAN FoodSaver!! Pull it out, pour in milk and blend it up! It is so creamy and delicious, the combination of mint and chocolate is ridiculously good! You can easily put together a bunch of these and have smoothies ready for the whole month! Total time saver and no yucky freezer taste or freezer burn!!
Left overs, meats, fruits and veggies, trust me this vacuum does it all. I would never partner with a brand I didn’t know or love! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie Freezer Pack
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 avacado
- 1 scoop protien powder, chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk and ice into the FoodSaver bag. Seal bag and store in freezer.
- When ready to blend, dump contents plus 1 cup of coconut milk and ice into blender and blend till smooth.