Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup will be your new favorite weeknight recipe. Bursting with flavor in each bite and so filling!
Before I jump into this recipe I must share where my heart is at. With the passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter along with all the other passengers yesterday, I’d say it has been a very heavy, emotional past 24 hours. I’ve cried on and off and yesterday just felt dark. My heart goes out to his wife mourning the loss of her baby girl and her husband. No mother should ever feel the unfathomable pain she must be going through… I pray God wraps his arms around the families that have been broken. These situations really test our faith, I have so many questions. My heart goes out to each victim and the families affected.
Let this be a reminder to all of us to never take life for granted. Life is short, continue to cherish each moment and love with all your heart.
“The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
If I am being completely honest I have had this Jar of 10 bean mix in my pantry for MONTHS! I knew one day I would use it, I love beans. They are a wonderful source of protein and fiber and a great alternative to meat. Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup has a similar texture to chili but the taste was better in my opinion!
This week I am really focusing on lower our meat consumption by eating more vegan and vegetarian meals. I can not say I will ever be a vegan again but maybe more like a flex-A-tarian, kind of just made that up but I love the way it sounds!
This soup tastes amazing, my kids eat it with some crushed tortilla chips on top, and I like mine with some vegan sour cream, so yummy!!!
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
- Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
- Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
- Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
- Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
- Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 half cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz ) tomato sauce
- 2 cups 10 bean mix
- 2 quarts veggie broth ( can sub stalk)
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup orzo
- Salt & Peper to taste
Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
Garnish with your favorite toppings! We enjoy tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro!
Have a picky eater, serve it with a quesadilla for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 422mg Carbohydrates: 65g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 17g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g
Roasted Tomato Soup is rich and full of flavor. Made with roasted carrots, onion, garlic and tomatoes. This recipe is vegan, healthy, and delicious!
Roasted Tomato Soup should always be warm, cozy, hearty and delicious! Roasting the veggies first makes this recipe so easy and bursting with flavor. Once your done roasting the veggies this cozy soup comes together in minutes!
So you’re probably wondering how does one end with 3 pounds of tomatoes? Thank you, neighbor! What a generous neighborly gift! So here’s the thing, maybe you know but homegrown organic produce just doesn’t last long, not even in the fridge it has to be eaten quick. Luckily I have 4 very hungry mouths to feed and well this recipe used up all these juicy tomatoes!!
You can say this is a summer soup however I would say this is a bridge into Fall soup! Heck, I could have Roasted Tomato Soup weekly, in particular on cold fall nights! Ever dunked a grilled cheese inside your soup, life-changing, is this just an American thing?! Often I run out of grilled cheese before my soup is done so I came up with these mini grilled cheese to put in the soup!! Basically just cut my grilled cheese into tiny squares, crouton size… OH MY YUM! I will never eat this soup another way!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
- First start by arranging your tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic on your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and spices and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Once they are roasted, place veggies in a soup pot and add in 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk. Using an Immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth. Or using small batches blend in a blender till smooth. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in bowls, top with mini grilled cheese, parmesan, or toast!! Enjoy!
What kind of tomatoes should I use?
- Vine ripe or Roma works best! Be sure to half them before roasting. No need to remove skins.
What do I serve with tomato soup?
- Breadsticks go great! Typically grilled cheeses are served with a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soup however a Cesar salad and garlic bread go great with it!
- YES! I store mine in a freezer friendly zip lock bag! It will keep for a month.
- 3 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 13 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fresh Basil for Garnishing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine your halved tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried basil. Toss and coat.
Spread out veggies on your prepared baking sheet.
Roast for 35 minutes.
Once roasted, remove the veggies and place them into a soup pot.
Add in your canned coconut milk.
Blend with an immersion blender till smooth OR in small batches blend in your blender till smooth.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with fresh basil(optional).
Optional Serving Suggestions
- grilled cheese
Yield:10 | 2 Freestyle Points|
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 55mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili is easy to cook and it’s absolutely delicious. White tender chicken, green chilies, green enchilada sauce, white beans, spices, and a few more goodies make this an excellent meal.
What’s better than coming home after a long day with grumpy and hungry kids and having dinner ready to go! I served this soup with cheesy quesadillas and the kids went crazy dunking them straight in their soup bowls! It was an epic combo and complement to the White Bean Chicken Chili.
White Bean Chicken Chili flavor is creamy, tangy, and well-spiced however not too spicy. So it is both adult and kid-friendly! Getting my kids to eat beans has been an ongoing struggle but somehow they just seem to view white beans differently, in a good way. A total mom wins for me especilaly because my 4 yr old is now a self-proclaimed vegetarian these days therefor I put a bowl aside before I added back in the shredded chicken.
The beauty of Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is you can really dress it up or down as you like. White Bean Chicken Chili could be brothy or extra creamy. In particular, I like the addition of cream cheese giving it a lightly creamy feel however you could also use half and half or cornstarch to thicken it up. Whether it is served with an abundance of toppings or just a handful of cilantro and a warm tortilla, you will find it a delicious weeknight meal!
The recipe calls for chicken breast, however, you can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts or thighs. Use skinless to avoid excess fat and make it easier for shredding.
How Do I Make Variations on Instant Pot White Chicken Chili?
- Make it dairy-free: You can omit the cream cheese and leave it as is and it will be delicious! If your looking for a dairy alternative try vegan cream cheese or 1 cup full fat coconut milk!
- Pack the spices: This chili is on the milder side, I have 2 little ones that prefer it not over-spiced. Looking to heat it up add some jalapeno or chile powder.
- Crockpot: Simply dump in all ingredients and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in cream cheese, enjoy! Prep Time 5 minutesCook Time 15 minutesTotal Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz canned mild green chilies
- 15 oz green enchilada sauce, mild
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Prep your onion and poblano pepper by dicing them.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and poblano pepper. Select the sauté setting on your pressure cooker and heat the oil add in veggies and cook for 2 minutes or until veggies soft and fragrant.
- Add in spices and continue to satué for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in chicken breast, corn, white beans, green enchilada sauce, green chilies, and chicken broth. Give it a quick stir.
- Pressure cook the soup. Cook on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method to release steam. Once safe remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken breast and shred with 2 forks. Stir in cilantro & cream cheese and add back in the chicken.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, enjoy!
- Quesadillas, highly recommended!
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh Lime
Serving Size:1 | 8 Freestyle Points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 1513mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g8 Freestyle Points