This is the crowd pleaser! Raw, vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free!! Guilt free indeed!! This is a no bake, no hassle treat!
So a little back story on my raw vegan cake creating… I started when I was 20, trying to replicate the raw cakes I would eat at the Au Lac on the nights we had “family dinners,” growing up. Through trail and error I’ve come a long way in my raw vegan cake game!! There were years I would sell raw vegan cakes out of my kitchen just to pay my rent in college! Maybe it was the pressure of paying rent that helped me really get it down! Needles to say it is a much healthier alternative to a regular cake. You are sure to love this one!! Enjoy! xx
Raw Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates 10-12
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup soaked cashews soak for 4-6 hrs of flash soak for 15 mins in boiling water, see notes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup agave
- 12 strawberries stem removed
- starwberries, melted chocolate, cacao nibs
For the crust, combine all ingredients in the food processor until finely chopped and starting to hold together when squeezed. If it doesn't you may need to add a little water 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Place mixture into a 9 inch removable bottom tart pan, or you can use a coconut oil greased cake pan/spring foam pan.
- For the tart filling, place all ingredients into a high speed blender, blend till smooth and creamy. Pour filling over crust and let it set in freezer till firm (about 2 hours).
- Once tart is set. Top with whatever you feel! I used melted white and dark chocolate for chocolate covered strawberries and a nice drizzle. I also added cacao nibs for a superfood boost! Be creative, add what you like!