Sweet, Salt and highly addictive snack mix. The perfect snack to bring in springtime!! It is filled with pretzels, cereal, m&m’s, Jordan almonds, and bunny grams, all coated in creamy white chocolate… no cooking required for this one!
This recipe is so much fun to make. I got the idea from my sweet girl Fiori, which I’m sure she heard about at preschool. However her intent is to actually catch the Easter Bunny so we can keep him, ha! Shortly after a discussion of why we probably should not catch the bunny, we started to create our Bunny Bait.
There is so many variations you can use, we mixed in what I had handy in the pantry. You can sub items you don’t like for items you do. This can easily be made for any Holliday, just change up the festive m&m’s, and throw in a few festive color sprinkles!
So I must warn you, should be called Bunny Crack, its addictive!!
To make the bunny bait, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Melt your white chocolate, be carful you don’t burn it. White chocolate has a tendency to burn quickly. Best to stir every 25-30 seconds. As soon as chocolate melts pour over mix, white chocolate hardens quick.
Easter Bunny Bait
Sweet & Salty
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 2 cups multigrain squares or rice chex
- 2 cups cheerios
- 2 cups bunny grams (I used Annie's Organic)
- 1 cup chocolate drops or m&m's
- 1 cup Jordan Almonds
- 1 12 oz bag quality white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the pretzel sticks, multigrain squares, cheerios, bunny grams, m&m's, and Jordan almonds. Try to evenly distribute everything.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut oil and white chocolate chips. You can do this buy microwaving for 25 seconds, stir, then microwave for 20 seconds, stir again till smooth. If it needs longer, microwave in 10 send bursts. This can also be don by placing the bowl over hot water and stirring.
- Pour the smooth white chocolate over the snack mix. Stir and combine so everything gets coated.
- Transfer the mix to your prepared baking sheet. Spread it on one even layer.
- Let it harden at room temperature. If you want it to harden quicker place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Store in a air tight container.