Monster Rice Krispies Treats are much nicer than the ones hiding under your bed! Frightfully fun and perfect to bring as school treats or to a Halloween party.
These are so fun to make and your kids will have a blast helping you. The Rice Krispies Treats recipe is simple, I choose to make my own but you can also use store-bought ones. Once you have your Rice Krispies, dip it in your favorite candy coating and add candy eyes!
I can’t really say that I have always been festive over the top celebrator of any holiday. That is until I had my own kids, and now I may just be out of control! Seeing the joy in their eyes is everything! The Holliday season kicks off in October, well if your Starbucks September, but for me, it’s October and it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Making Halloween themed food with the kids is a blast! We love our FrakenFine Guacamole, Mummy Dogs, and Monster Rice Krispies Treats!
I used my family recipe for these Rice Krispies Treats. Every time I make them it takes me right back to fond childhood memories. I love being able to pass it along to my kids! The Rice Krispies Treats have 4 ingredients butter, marshmallows, vanilla extract, and salt. Makes for the thickest, chewy and delicious Rice Krispies Treats. Everyone will love these with or without a monster on it!
To make the monster come alive on your treats you will need colorful candy coatings such as Wiltons Candy Melts, and candy eyeballs. Both can be found at most craft stores, I found them at Michaels Craft Store.
Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 oz marshmallows, I used 2, 10-ounce bags of Trader Joes brand.
- 1 stick of butter, 8 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 7 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 125-140 candy melts; can sub dark chocolate or white chocolate
- candy eyes
- parchment paper
Rice Krispie Treats
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once melted add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Turn off heat and add in vanilla extract, salt, and cereal. Combine till mixed.
- Pour into your baking dish and gently press down. Let set in the fridge for 5-10 mins before you cut.
- Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip tops of treats in melted candy and place on parchment paper. Immediately place candy eyes on treats before candy coating sets.
- You can place them in the fridge to set quicker.