Strawberry Pop-Tarts are made with flakey pie crust, strawberry jam filling, and a sweet glaze to top it off. This recipe is easy to make and a huge hit with everyone!
Strawberry Pop Tarts were my absolute favorite snack growing up! My parents were rather strict when it came to food so they always got us the ones at Trader Joes, but even those were so delicious! I got the idea on my run this morning, yes I was thinking about food and running, haha! It just popped in my head and I couldn’t get the idea out so I knew it was time to give these a try!
I had premade pie crust in the freezer for some time now, I think Trader Joe’s brand pie crust is the best tasting. I used both sheets up for these Strawberry Pop Tarts. There is a lot of steps in this recipe however its fairly simple to make. You can eat these pop tarts warm, so dang delish, or room temp! The kids and I have already gobbled up 3 of the six that were made today! Hubby will definitely help himself to a few tonight too when we Netflix and chill!
Never buy a store-bought pop tart again, there are so easy to make and taste so much better!!!
As I said, there are quite a few steps. Sometimes seeing that can overwhelm you, I totally get it! However, the steps are so easy here are a few pictures for guidance!
- Start with a floured surface, roll out your pie dough, and trim off edges with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Cut each pie crust into three strips, you will have a total of six. Add a spoonful of your strawberry jam mixture to one side of each strip.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Fold the top of the strip over.
- Using a fork crimp edges together on all 4 sides.
- 2 whole refrigerated pre-made pie crusts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam ( any fruit spread will work)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot (can sub corn starch)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 4 tsp water (or more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk, one egg set aside. In another small bowl mix together your jam and arrowroot set aside.
- On a floured workspace slightly roll out your pie crust.
- With a pizza cutter or knife trim off round edges. Divide the crust evenly into three strips. Do this for your other pie crust too.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tbsp of jam on one end of each strip. Brush the edges with egg and fold the dry end over.
- Using a fork crimp the edges together on all four sides. Repeat for all pop tarts.
- Transfer pop tarts to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, let cool.
- Whisk together powder sugar and water to create your icing glaze. Spoon over icing over pop tarts and immediately pour on your sprinkles before icing sets.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature, both are delicious! Enjoy