15- Minute Chickpea Curry and quinoa is vegan + gluten-free and full of rich flavor and filling. It’s the perfect quick and easy meal.
This curry came about when I had already decided there is nothing to eat, ha! I am usually a salad and protein kinda girl at lunchtime. However, this is going to be a weekly staple! Believe it or not, I never liked curry as a kid. What the heck was I thinking missing out on all the great depth of flavors curry has to offer.
This curry is rich and mildly spicey, it is not an overpowering flavor of curry as I like mine mild. It is a perfect meal prep or just a quick lunch as it will be ready in no time!
Tip: Cook quinoa while you’re prepping the curry it will be ready at the same time.
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan cook quinoa according to package.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and add your olive oil.
- Add your shallot, minced garlic, bell pepper, and broccoli. Sauté them for a few minutes until softened.
- Next, add in chickpeas and cook for another minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, salt and pepper, and curry powder. Stir and bring to a quick boil then reduce heat.
- Add in the spinach and cilantro. Stir till spinach is wilted.
- Serve with quinoa or rice, fresh lime, and spicy chili flakes. Enjoy!