Easy no fuss bowls that are perfect for meal prep, lunch and dinner. Prepare these bowls and have a healthy lunch or dinner for the week!
After a week of all inclusive eating tacos and drinking margaritas in Mexico, its time for a little break. Craving all the vegetables!! These are my favorite bowls to eat during the week. Once you make this bowl you will find yourself wanting more, healthy eating does not have to be gross or boring.
Before we jump into the recipe I want to say that I don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” they are customizable and easy to make. You can put different veggies in your bowl every time out just stick to your favorites.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
Hearty noursih bowls perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep!
- 2 cups cabbage (purple or green) cut in thin strips
- 1 zuchinni sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 bell pepper sliced core and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread out and evenly place veggies on your baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss till veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender but crisp on edges.
- While veggies are roasting prepare your quinoa. In a small sauce pan combine water, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover. Cook for 15 mins then turn off heat, keep covered for 7 minutes while heat is off. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa and an assorment of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with feta, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Enoy!
- Note- if you are mal prepping you can place everything in containers and microwave when you are ready to eat.
- Optional but totally reccomened to add avocado chunks!