Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili is easy to cook and it’s absolutely delicious. White tender chicken, green chilies, green enchilada sauce, white beans, spices, and a few more goodies make this an excellent meal.
What’s better than coming home after a long day with grumpy and hungry kids and having dinner ready to go! I served this soup with cheesy quesadillas and the kids went crazy dunking them straight in their soup bowls! It was an epic combo and complement to the White Bean Chicken Chili.
White Bean Chicken Chili flavor is creamy, tangy, and well-spiced however not too spicy. So it is both adult and kid-friendly! Getting my kids to eat beans has been an ongoing struggle but somehow they just seem to view white beans differently, in a good way. A total mom wins for me especilaly because my 4 yr old is now a self-proclaimed vegetarian these days therefor I put a bowl aside before I added back in the shredded chicken.
The beauty of Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is you can really dress it up or down as you like. White Bean Chicken Chili could be brothy or extra creamy. In particular, I like the addition of cream cheese giving it a lightly creamy feel however you could also use half and half or cornstarch to thicken it up. Whether it is served with an abundance of toppings or just a handful of cilantro and a warm tortilla, you will find it a delicious weeknight meal!
The recipe calls for chicken breast, however, you can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts or thighs. Use skinless to avoid excess fat and make it easier for shredding.
How Do I Make Variations on Instant Pot White Chicken Chili?
- Make it dairy-free: You can omit the cream cheese and leave it as is and it will be delicious! If your looking for a dairy alternative try vegan cream cheese or 1 cup full fat coconut milk!
- Pack the spices: This chili is on the milder side, I have 2 little ones that prefer it not over-spiced. Looking to heat it up add some jalapeno or chile powder.
- Crockpot: Simply dump in all ingredients and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir in cream cheese, enjoy! Prep Time 5 minutesCook Time 15 minutesTotal Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 oz canned mild green chilies
- 15 oz green enchilada sauce, mild
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Prep your onion and poblano pepper by dicing them.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and poblano pepper. Select the sauté setting on your pressure cooker and heat the oil add in veggies and cook for 2 minutes or until veggies soft and fragrant.
- Add in spices and continue to satué for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in chicken breast, corn, white beans, green enchilada sauce, green chilies, and chicken broth. Give it a quick stir.
- Pressure cook the soup. Cook on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method to release steam. Once safe remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken breast and shred with 2 forks. Stir in cilantro & cream cheese and add back in the chicken.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, enjoy!
- Quesadillas, highly recommended!
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh Lime
Serving Size:1 | 8 Freestyle Points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 1513mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g8 Freestyle Points