Cabbage Soup with White Beans & Chicken is an easy, nourishing, and mouth-watering soup everyone will enjoy. This one-pot recipe is gluten-free and one of my personal favorites!
Its definitely not soup weather around here, however, I am one of those people who can eat soup any time of the year! I happen to think its the best thing ever, ha! Not to mention the one-pot thing, yeah that’s the best, along with the leftovers, just makes life so easy!
Cabbage Soup with White Beans & Chicken has a taco soup flavor, is so filling, and absolutely delicious! Not to mention this is a super budget-friendly recipe! I am always so optimistic when I buy heads of cabbage, but they tend to sit in the fridge weeks before I ever decide to use them, haha! So before I head to the grocery store I try to use all the food about to wilt!
This cabbage soup is full of fresh and healthy veggies with the coziness that all chicken soups should have. Serve it with shredded cheese on top and avocado slices for a cool creamy texture.
Love easy and delicious soups also try:
- Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
- Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups green cabbage, shredded (about 1 small head of cabbage)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can mild green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 chicken breast (2 pounds)
- 1 qt (32 ounces) chicken broth
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot add 2 tbsp of avocado oil and heat over medium-high heat. Sautè onions and garlic for 3 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add in cabbage and cook for another 3 minutes, until cabbage starts to wilt. Add-in the canned tomatoes, green chilies, white beans, and seasonings. Stir and combine ingredients.
- Add in chicken breast and pour in broth. Bring soup to a simmer. Turn down the heat and cover soup. Let cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Pull out chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place chicken back pot and stir it in.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and stir. Taste and adjust with salt to taste.
- Serve hot with cheese and avocado if desired.