Chicken Enchilada Soup has all the things you love about enchiladas in one cozy bowl. It is the perfect meal to warm the house and the soul. Filled with chunks of chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and tons of melty gooey cheese on top!
Slow cooker meals are perfect for busy days where you just don’t have the time to cook at night. For me, this is my Monday! So welcome to my slow cooker Monday recipes its been saving my life and keeping the little tummies around here nice and full.
Chicken enchilada soup is a mixture of chicken broth, chunks of chicken and veggies, however, feel free to add on! That includes veggies and spices. Keep in mind enchilada sauce adds some heat so I always recommend taste and adjust as need be. Lastly, load up on the toppings they really bring this soup to the next level DELISHHH!!
Can I make Chicken Enchilada Soup Stovetop?
Yes, you sure can! If you are in a hurry or do not have a slow cooker follow these steps.
- Add 2 tbsp cooking oil to your soup pot. Over medium-high heat sautee your onion and bell pepper till tender and fragrant.
- Add-In your chicken breast and cook 4 mins each side. You can also use pre-cooked shredded chicken.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and let simmer for 40-45 mins.
- Shred your chicken if needed.
- Dish, add toppings, serve and enjoy!
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Easy to put together! Fill the slow cooker and go about your day. Loaded with bold flavor and topped with the works!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breast, about 2 1/2 pounds, you can use frozen chicken
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, you can use frozen or fresh
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, I used Trader Joes brand
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp better than bullion chicken flavor
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt, or to your preference
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Lime
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Add all the soup ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cook over low heat for 7 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from your crockpot and shred. Return it to the soup. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed, I like to add fresh lime juice and more salt.
- Dish it up! Then add the toppings, let me repeat do not skip the toppings they bring this dish together! Add liberally your cheddar cheese, fresh lime wedges, sour cream, and tortilla strips.