Grilled Chicken Fajitas is a restaurant favorite. Made with juicy grilled chicken, charred peppers & onions, and served with warm tortillas. Cook them up on the grill or a cast-iron skillet for the most delicious meal!
It’s no secret by now Mexican food has my heart, more than anything I love being able to cook my cultural food. It truly is my favorite food to cook and it’s so dang delicious. These grilled chicken fajitas are perfect for lunch and dinner.
Serve these up in warm tortillas with some Fresh Corn Salsa for the perfect summer meal!
We like to serve ours with guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and warm tortillas. A great low carb option is to serve these over a bed of romaine lettuce, yum! After grilling the chicken and veggies you can dice it all up and toss it or serve as is!
How to make Grilled Chicken Fajitas
The fajita marinade is so easy to whisk together and doubles as a base to keep the chicken juicy and delicious.
Fajita Marinade: Whisk all the ingredients till combined. Stick chicken in marinade and coat chicken. Let sit for 30 minutes – 4 hours.
Veggies: Cut peppers in halves or quarters to grill, that way they don’t slip through the grates while grilling. Slice the onion 1/2-inch thick rounds, do not separate rings.
Best toppings for chicken fajitas
Serve these up with your favorite taco toppings. Salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, lime wedges are my go-to choices. If serving on a bed of greens still top with all your favorites for the best festive fajita salad.
Other Mexican favorites
- Carne Asada Nachos
- Restaurant Style Steak Fajitas
- Mexican Orange Chipotle Chicken
- Authentic Carne Asada
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (3-4 limes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 large bell peppers quartered, seeded and stemmed
- 1 large red onion, cut in 1/2 Ince thick rounds ( do not separate into rings)
- 12 tortillas for serving
- In a medium bowl whisk together avocado oil, lime juice, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, agave, chipotle powder, and salt.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the marinade and set aside for serving.
- Place chicken in marinade, toss, and coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Coat bell peppers and onion in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat grill or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 7-9 minutes flipping once, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add veggies to the grill and cook till tender and chared.
- Slice chicken, bell peppers, and onion. Brush with the remaining 1/4 cup of marinade. Serve with warm tortillas, and desired toppings. Enjoy!