This Cauliflower cheese soup is nothing short of spectacular! Made with 9 simple ingredients the soup will have everyone coming back for seconds.
It has been cold and rainy all week and just the perfect weather for soup. Not typical southern California weather but it sure is beautiful when we get rain. Today’s lunch was super sporadic, now that I’m trying to stretch what we have and not visit the grocery store as often it really digs deep into my creative side with food. I had bought ahead od cauliflower last week and it was looking pretty lifeless in the fridge. So to avoid food waste and leftovers I had to come up with a kid-friendly cauliflower recipe…
Introducing this DELICIOUS Cauliflower Cheese Soup!
Cauliflower, in my opinion, is amazing, you can have it in your smoothies, soups, and dishes it’s super versatile and easy to work with. However my kids have another idea about cauliflower, typically I here ‘disgusting.’ Blah blah blah, is all I hear when they whine about food, haha! I refuse to have picky eaters, it’s pretty much eating what is served or tuff luck! For this Cauliflower Cheese Soup, I decided to not even acknowledge the fact that it has cauliflower in it, I just let them eat it when they asked what it was I said bacon soup, haha!
While they were shooting hoops outside I decided to whip this soup up in the instant pot, the perfect soup machine. From start to finish it was done within 30 minutes. I ran the immersion blender through the soup, you know got to hide the cauliflower from the kids, ha!! And well this forking amazing soup was made, not a word from anyone about cauliflower and they asked for seconds!!
I added bacon crumbles, cheese, and parsley, however, use your favorites or have it plain.
- sour cream
Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese Soup Video
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cups cauliflower florets ( 1 head)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced ( 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- bacon crumbles
- green onion
- additional cheddar
- Chop cauliflower into roughly even small pieces.
- Select saute mode on your Instant pot and add in butter, onion, potato, cauliflower, and garlic. Sautee for 4 minutes, until onions and garlic are fragrant.
- Add in broth and place lid on Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure and then take the lid off.
- Use an immersion blender and blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve hot and garnish with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!