Sheet pan dinners, I love them and mainly because of the minimal amount of dishes I have to do! Sheet Pan Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes is a fuss-free dinner perfect for any weeknight. I love Italian chicken sausage, I get the pre-cooked one from trader joes, it’s just where I do the majority of my grocery shopping these days. The precooked sausage is easiest to work with and taste great in Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes.
Veggies Variations for Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes
The most important thing here is to cut the veggies into even shapes and sizes so it cooks evenly. The potatoes always take the longest to cook so my advice is to dice them in smaller pieces. I used some sweet potato in this dish, however, if you do not like sweet potato feel free to use just russet. Veggies can be swapped out in almost all dishes I highly recommend you use what you love, broccoli, zucchini, and mushrooms are great additions.
Love sheet pan meals also try, Balsamic Honey Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies + Video, and Rosemary Honey Chicken with Roasted Veggies + Video.
- 12 oz Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into small even-sized cubes. Dice the bell peppers and onions, and slice the sausage.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour the potatoes, bell peppers, onion, and sausage over your prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with avocado oil, seasonings, and toss to evenly coat everything in oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn veggies with a spoon and bake another 15 minutes.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of potatoes.
If your not a sweet potato fan you can sub it for a russet potato.