Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce is a healthy cold pasta salad made with fresh ingredients and ready in 20 minutes.
I’ve been craving cold spring rolls all week, mainly the peanut sauce it comes with. There is something magical about peanut sauce, it’s one of my favorite sauces. As much as I love spring rolls I find them to be a pain to prepare, takes forever to fill, and roll them. So that leaves us here, I put everything I love about my spring rolls into this Thai Noodle Salad and had it ready in half the time.
Peanut sauce is very easy to work with and adjust to your taste preference. I like mine with a little spicy kick however as I said, you can adjust this sauce easily. Thai Noodle Salad is a perfect make-ahead dish and will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. It is ideal for quick midweek lunches and dinners. Top it with your favorite protein if you like.
How to make Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
There is so much flavor in this dish. All the fresh veggies, herbs, and fruit make this dish amazing!
It starts with 12 ounces of stir fry rice noodles prepared according to package. Linguini or soba noodles would work great too. While the noodles are cooking prepare your peanut sauce by blending all the ingredients together. Toss the pasta with your prepared veggies, herbs, and fruit. Toss the salad in the peanut sauce and top with toasted crushed cashews or peanuts. Let the salad sit in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving. The Thai Noodle Salad gets more flavorful the longer it sits.
Healthy, filling, and delicious I adore this salad for quick weekday meals!
Love amazing salads, also try Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing, and Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Bowl.
Thai Noodle Pasta Salad
- 12 oz stir fry rice noodles ( soba or linguini work great too)
- 3 cups mix of cabbage and carrots
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 8 mint leaves, finely diced
- 8 basil leaves, finely diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tsp agave
- 2 limes, juice of (about 4 tbsp)
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 thin slice ginger, about the size of a quarter
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (less if you do not like spicy)
- 6 tbsp water, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- While noodles are cooking prepare peanut sauce. Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl toss the noodles, veggies, herbs, and mango. Pour in the peanut sauce and toss till combined.
- Taste and adjust salt to your liking. Let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving. Serve with toasted cashews or peanuts. Enjoy!