These quick and easy tostadas are my go weeknight meal in a pinch! Crunchy tostada shells topped with refried beans, ground taco meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream.
This recipe is very versatile each person can select their own toppings and make it their very own, personal tostada. I’ve wanted to share this recipe for a while, there is no shame in quick dinners, we are human! With the kids home from school now some days are amazing while others leave me exhausted.
Neither of my kids happens to be big fans of beans, but for some reason, they are good with refried beans. Once the taco meat is cooked and beans are warmed this meal is pretty much done. These tostadas will also come in clutch for meatless Monday, omit the ground turkey and you got yourself a delicious meatless Monday meal!
Ingredients for Tostadas
The list of ingredients can be as little or long as you like. Load them up with as much or little toppings as you desire. If you don’t have ground turkey on hand tostadas and leftover rotisserie chicken, a perfect simple and easy match.
Here are other great quick and easy meals to try:
- Easy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
- Easy Hawaiian Chicken
- Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Crunchy tostada shells, store bought
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans, warmed
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups shredded lettuce, romaine and iceberg work best
- shredded cheddar cheese for sercving
- sour cream for serving
- hot sauce for serving
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble ground turkey, onions, and minced garlic until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add in the cumin, chili, and garlic powder, cook till done about 2-4 more minutes.
- To serve spread warmed refried beans over tostada shells and top with ground turkey. Serve with toppings desired, enjoy!