Tuscan Kale Salad is the perfect Fall salad full of sweet, crisp, and savory flavor! A simple salad to make and healthy too!
Do you love Fall salads!? I sure do!! This big bowl of kale salad will make you a kale lover! This year and every other year I get asked to bring a salad to my in-law’s Thanksgiving lunch. Every year I make a different one and this year, in particular, I haven’t decided yet! I know it is in 2 days…ha! It’s a toss-up for me between kale salad or arugula beet and goat cheese! I really love salad and am terrible and making choices!
My husband and Kale salad have come along way! Their relationship started when we met, haha! We did have a good 3-year vegan run together in what feels like forever ago! Sometimes I feel like people have to acclimate to the taste of kale, I get it its not for everyone but I do believe it becomes an acquired taste! In fact, hubs actually ask me for kale salads! Especially this one it’s just so good!!
The flavor in this salad is amazing, you get a little bit of everything! I used a mix of granny smith apples and honey crisp. I kept this salad super-low maintenance👌 and used candy pecans from traders also snagged my dried cranberries there too!
The dressing I made was absolutely delicious and really brings all the flavors together. The blend lemon poppy seed is one of my favorites! This kale salad is easy to make and full of incredible flavor, I just love it so much!
How do you make Tuscan Kale Salad
- Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems. The Stems can be rather rough so do not skip this step
- Chop kale and place in your salad bowl
- Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
- Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
- In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
This is not like other salads that become a wilted mess overnight! Latticino Kale is a tougher leaf and will keep 1-day before it starts looking very sad. The longer you let the kale sit in the dressing the more flavorful your salad will be.
If you make this Tuscan Kale Salad, please leave this recipe a rating!! I absolutely love hearing and engaging with you!
- 2 heads kale, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz bag candied pecans, I used Trader Joes brand
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of unexpected cheddar Trader Joes brand, shredded (or sub parmesan)
- 1 cup croutons
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juiced ( 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp agave ( if you like a sweeter dressing you can always taste and adjust by adding more)
- salt & pepper to taste
Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems.
Chop kale and place in your salad bowl.
Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
If you prefer a sweeter salad dressing, add in a little more agave, taste and adjust to your desired level of sweetness.
Serving Size:1 | 8 freestyle points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g