Nothing says fall like a cozy Apple Crisp. This crisp taste old fashion, just that way mom used to make it! Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some caramel sauce.
A classic fall dessert, not only does it taste great it makes the whole house smell incredible. That delicious smell will waft through your house and bring everyone to the kitchen. Apple season is here, and it happens to be my absolute favorite!
This apple crisp is perfectly baked so the apples are soft, sweet, and juicy. Don’t even get me started on the crisp… its sweet buttery perfection! Every bite is so dang delicious, this dessert won’t last long.
Apple Crisp Ingredients
- Green apples
- Lemon juice
- Brown sugar or sub coconut sugar
How to make an Apple Crisp
- Start by buttering up your baking dish, adjusting the oven rack to the center, and preheating your oven.
- In a mixing bowl add chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, and agave. Stir to combine then add to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add topping ingredients (cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, flour, oats, and diced cold butter). Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut butter into mixture using a slight downward mixing motion. Do this till the mixture breaks up into pea-sized crumbles. Alternatively, you can use your hands to do this too.
- Pour crumbles over apples in the baking dish, and gently pat it down and even it out. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, enjoy!
FOLLOW KAY’S CLEAN EATS
Love easy and delicious desserts, also try:
- Lemon Curd Tart
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peach Blueberry Crisp
- Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- The BEST Vegan Rocky Road Cookies
- The Best Vegan Dark Chocolate Tart
- 2 lbs Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced thin (about 1/8-inch)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar or sub coconut sugar
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut in cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt, omit if using salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x8 baking dish or a casserole dish similar in size.
- Pour apples in large bowl then pour over cinnamon,, agave, and lemon juice. Toss gently to coat the apples then pour apples into the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine crisp topping ingredients (oats, flour, sugar, butter, salt). Using 2 forks or clean fingertips, rub butter into dry mixture until it comes together into small crumbles. You can also use a pastry cutter to do so.
- Pour crisp mixture over apples,and ever it out. Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Take crisp out of oven and ket cool 5 minutes. For best b results serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, enjoy!