This Healthy Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes Avocado & Chickpeas is light and delicious. It is easy to make, gluten-free, and vegan.
Easy summer salads are perfect for lunch and come in clutch for a dinner side dish. Typically I like to eat lighter through the summer and look my best. However this year I am pregnant all damn summer so I followed up my Healthy Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes, Avocado & Chickpeas with homemade blueberry pie for dessert, haha!
This week I have been grilling outdoors and preparing easy and delicious salads for our meals. I love this dish for lunch with a side of grilled chicken, but the family likes it as a dinner side. So, in my opinion, that’s a win! Whenever my kids eat their veggies I am one happy mama! Healthy Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes Avocado & Chickpeas uses minimal ingredients and is perfect to serve on the side at dinner time, we enjoyed ours with some grilled tri-tip and oven-baked potatoes, yum!
Because this recipe uses avocado I don’t recommend it as a leftover, its best eaten fresh. If you are making it for 1 or 2 people I recommend you cut the recipe in half that way you don’t have food waste.
Love delicious side dishes, also try:
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, can use any fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill...)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium lemons, juice of
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add chickpeas, cucumbers, avocado, tomato, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Wisk till combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Serve salad cold with your favorite protein or own its own, enjoy!