Roasted Brussels sprouts with Sausage is a great gluten-free side and perfect for the holidays, with only a handful of ingredients this is an easy dish with the most delicious flavor.
Brussels sprouts always seems to make an appearance on our holiday table. Tossed together with sweet Italian sausage makes for such a delicious combo. Never did I think I would love Brussels sprouts so much until I made this low carb dish. I must say I’ve come along way in my love for this veggie, in fact as a kid I would never even come close to trying it, the smell alone would make me cringe! However, today I will strongly stand by my love for Brussels sprouts, they are so versatile, and those charred crispy pieces are my favorite!
Made on a sheet pan and packed with flavor, this recipe is an easy clean up and only has about 10 minuets of active cooking! The flavors from sage, rosemary, thyme, and chives make this recipe so festive tasting! Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sausage can be eaten as a side dish but also a meal. If you like a spicy dish try using spicy Italian sausage. I have little ones at home so sometimes spicy will cause dinner drama, ha!
How do I make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sausage:
- First, half your Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet combine your Brussels, sausage broken up into small clumps, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss gently breaking up any big clumps of sausage.
- Next, roast and give it a nice stir halfway through roasting.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts & sausage to a bowl and add in pomegranate seeds and feta.
- Before serving sprinkle with pistachios and a drizzle of thick balsamic vinegar/glaze.
- Brown is good. If you never had a charred Brussels sprouts pieces, you are missing out! The burnt little pieces are the best!
- Dry the Brussels sprouts. If you’re not buying pre-washed Brussels sprouts make sure you pat them dry before baking to ensure those crispy pieces.
- Are you into spicer foods, add hot Italian sausage or do a combo of both sweet and spicy for a flavorful kick!
- Always taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sausage would be tasty with any combination of herbs so my recommendation would be to use what you like!
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 1 lb Italian sausage, ground
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pom poms (pomegranate seeds)
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pistachio's
- Thick balsamic vinegar or glaze
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and trim your Brussels sprouts. Pat them dry and cut in half lengthwise.
On a large rimmed baking sheet combine your Brussels, sausage broken up into small clumps, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss gently breaking up any big clumps of sausage.
Roast for 40 minutes giving it a nice stir halfway thru.
Transfer the Brussels sprouts & sausage to a bowl and toss in pomegranate seeds and feta.
Before serving sprinkle with pistachios and a thick balsamic vinegar/glaze.
Yield:8 | 9 Freestyle Points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 548mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 16g