Sweet Potato & Lentil Salad is the perfect balanced meal with delicious flavor. This plant-based meal is great as a side dish but filling enough to be the main dish.
I can not get enough of this sweet potato & lentil salad! It has been so easy at lunchtime, I eat it with some tortilla chips, so so good! I love a meal that tastes delicious and makes you feel good too! After all, it’s always a good idea to bulk up on your vegetable intake!
This sweet potato and lentil salad is packed with protein and great flavor. I used pre-steamed lentils, which I picked up from trader joes so this dish came together in 15 minutes. It is perfect for meal prep too! If you are saving it for the week or using it as meal prep I recommend avoid avocado when serving to avoid browning.
Sweet Potato & Lentil Salad is a great dish to bring to your next potluck or BBQ, I find that people love and prefer healthy and delicious sides! The vinaigrette has a southwest lime flavor, it is truly so dang delicious!! You can serve this with your favorite protein side, but this plant-based dish is so filling and full of protein, truly perfect on its own!
Love healthy and easy recipes also try:
- Veggie Spring Rolls with Crispy Tofu
- Easy Sweet and Spicy Rice Noodles
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Vegan Basil Cream Sauce
- Sweet Potato Pie Parfaits
If you make this dish make sure to leave a review and tag me on Instagram! I love to see what you guys make!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/3 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cups steamed lentils
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 2 limes, juice of
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all sweet potato & lentil salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss till combined. Serve salad cold, and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!