Roasted Tomato Soup is rich and full of flavor. Made with roasted carrots, onion, garlic and tomatoes. This recipe is vegan, healthy, and delicious!
Roasted Tomato Soup should always be warm, cozy, hearty and delicious! Roasting the veggies first makes this recipe so easy and bursting with flavor. Once your done roasting the veggies this cozy soup comes together in minutes!
So you’re probably wondering how does one end with 3 pounds of tomatoes? Thank you, neighbor! What a generous neighborly gift! So here’s the thing, maybe you know but homegrown organic produce just doesn’t last long, not even in the fridge it has to be eaten quick. Luckily I have 4 very hungry mouths to feed and well this recipe used up all these juicy tomatoes!!
You can say this is a summer soup however I would say this is a bridge into Fall soup! Heck, I could have Roasted Tomato Soup weekly, in particular on cold fall nights! Ever dunked a grilled cheese inside your soup, life-changing, is this just an American thing?! Often I run out of grilled cheese before my soup is done so I came up with these mini grilled cheese to put in the soup!! Basically just cut my grilled cheese into tiny squares, crouton size… OH MY YUM! I will never eat this soup another way!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
- First start by arranging your tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic on your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and spices and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Once they are roasted, place veggies in a soup pot and add in 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk. Using an Immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth. Or using small batches blend in a blender till smooth. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in bowls, top with mini grilled cheese, parmesan, or toast!! Enjoy!
What kind of tomatoes should I use?
- Vine ripe or Roma works best! Be sure to half them before roasting. No need to remove skins.
What do I serve with tomato soup?
- Breadsticks go great! Typically grilled cheeses are served with a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soup however a Cesar salad and garlic bread go great with it!
- YES! I store mine in a freezer friendly zip lock bag! It will keep for a month.
- 3 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 13 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fresh Basil for Garnishing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine your halved tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried basil. Toss and coat.
Spread out veggies on your prepared baking sheet.
Roast for 35 minutes.
Once roasted, remove the veggies and place them into a soup pot.
Add in your canned coconut milk.
Blend with an immersion blender till smooth OR in small batches blend in your blender till smooth.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with fresh basil(optional).
Optional Serving Suggestions
- grilled cheese
Yield:10 | 2 Freestyle Points|
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 55mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g