With a pint of blackberries ready to eat and a few sad bananas in the fruit basket, I went ahead and took matters into my own hands. Whipped up this unique ONE BOWL, refined sugar free, Vegan and gluten free banana bread with a blackberry twist. This is not your average banana bread its a light, healthy and utterly delicious take on it!
Using a minimal 8 ingredients and one bowl because lets be honest…dishes are the pits! These bars where a huge hit after school today with my kiddos! Kid and mama approved is always a bonus!! This berrylicious banana bread is my new favorite. It is extremely simple to make, slightly dense, packs a big flavor and perfectly moist! The kids enjoyed it with a ice cold glass of almond milk and I love mine with some tea or coffee. It can be made in a bread pan but I find it comes out best in a brownie pan.
To make start with a medium size bowl and combine your ripe bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Mash bananas while mixing all ingredients together.
Now that wet ingredients are mixed, add in your almond flour and baking soda. Mix in the dry ingredients.
Gently fold in your blackberries, and transfer to your prepared baking dish.
Place more halved blackberries on top and bake!
Blackberry Banana Bread Bars
The best Berrylicious snacking bread! Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, and Dang Delicious!
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blackberries halved
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F, and greese a 9' x 13' cake pan, I use avocado oil spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, almond milk and coconut oil. Comnine till all ingredients are well incorperated.
- Add in the almond flour and baking powder, combine till all ingredients are mixed in.
- Gently fold in 3/4 cups of the blackberries, reserve the rest for topping.
- Pour batter into prapred cake pan. Using the back of a spoon even out the batter. Top with the rest of your blackberries.
- Bake for 1 hr and 5 mins. Let cool and enjoy!! Stores great in fridge!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings to your hearts desire!
Yogurt, fruit and granola are a breakfast staple around here. As I was eating my breakfast my mind went a little wild, so in the next hour I was serving up breakfast tarts to the fam.. The official taste testers here at Kays’ Clean Eat’s, ha!
The tarts are crunchy and sweet edible bowls that you can fill with anything you desire! The granola crust is a perfect blend of rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, hempseed, flax meal, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Guaranteed to make the house smell amazing as they bake! Honestly it was the perfect breakfast to settle into after lasts nights episode of Game of Thrones… still mind blown!
Your going to want the granola shell to cool completely so it can become more crunchy. If you notice the sides falling after being baked, gently push them back up with a spoon while tart is still hot. Let tarts completely cool before removing them otherwise it will crumble. They are delicate so be carful when removing them from the tart pan. You can also make one large 1o inch tart with this recipe.
The filling is yours to be creative with. We love honey vanilla greek yogurt, thats what I used for my filling. Other great options would be any non-dairy yogurt or even a custard or ice-cream for dessert! Top with seasonal fruits, the more color you add the more ascetically pleasing! If you make ahead do not add yogurt till right before serving, they will become soggy if it sits to long. I can not wait to see your remakes and the fruit you choose!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats can sub any oats quick, old fashion...
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal can sub flax seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup any liquid sweetner will work
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease 6 -7 mini tart pans.
- In a medium bowl mix togther the oats, seeds, flax, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Mix till everything is well coated.
- Transfer 3-4 tbsp of the mixture into each tart pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow tarts to fully cool. If you notice sides have sunk gently press them back into place with a spoon while still hot.
- Once completly cooled remove tarts carefully from pans using a knife to scrape sides if necesary. Tarts are delicate.
- Fill each tart with yogurt and smooth evenly.
- Top with fruit, coconut shreds and chia seeds. Serve immediatly to avoid crust becoming soggy!