These vegan Banana Cinnamon Muffins are moist, perfectly sweet and crumbly on top! This egg-free muffin recipe is exceptionally delicious and easy to prepare.
Eat it for breakfast, a midday snack or even as a dessert. Utterly delicious with a cup of coffee or tea. I love having them warm with a little butter. My kids are crazy about these vegan banana cinnamon muffins and make for a really easy lunchbox snack or an easy breakfast before school.
Together Fiori, my youngest and I had our first successful Fall baking day. However, I must note that the Fall season in Southern California starts off chilly in the morning, Spring by 10 am, full-blown Summer by 1 pm and back to fall around 6 pm! Not many seasonal changes around here. So to not swelter in my little kicthen we cranked up the AC to give us those fall baking vibes! We ate tons batter and made a royal mess, haha! I mean have you ever cooked with a toddler.. things just seem to splatter everywhere. And well the pile of dishes we were left with almost made me call Home Depot and inquire about a dishwasher, first world problems! One day I will get my dishwasher until then I’ll gratefully keep doing them by hand.
The texture of these Vegan Banana Cinnamon muffins is soft and flakey. The crumble does not get any simpler to make just mix coconut sugar and pecan pieces, that is it! These muffins came out exactly the way I was hoping for. I am rarely disappointed by muffin recipies however I do find vegan baking a little of a challenge at times. I am beyond ecstatic, jumping for joy happy with the way these vegan muffins turned out!
Put your spotty muffins to good use and whip up some epic Vegan Banana Cinnamon muffins!
If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @kayscleaneats and using the hashtag #kayscleaneats.
Vegan Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, use 3/4 if you like a sweeter muffin
- 1/4 cup pecans crushed
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar, let sit until curdled.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, oats, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas and mix in the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and the milk mixture. Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just till mixed. Don't over mix.
- In a small bowl combine the crushed pecans and coconut sugar.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 paper muffin liners in a muffin pan. Sprinkle the pecan and sugar mixture evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!
Nothing says October like Pumpkin Spice. These muffins are packed with pumpkin and topped with sugar. They are super moist and absolutely delicious. How else would I celebrate on the first day of October?
I could eat pumpkin muffins year-round. They give off all the cozy Fall feels. This time of year it seems like Trader Joe’s explodes with pumpkin everything and I am all for it! First on my list of pumpkin things to make was pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Next, these amazing muffins!
These muffins are a great pair to your cup of coffee or tea. They store great in the freezer and are easy to reheat.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp almond butter any nut butter will work
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar if you like a sweeter muffin add in another 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- dash of salt
Spice and Sugar topping
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray each of them with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together your flour and baking powder then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, sugar, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Whisk in the flour mixture to your large bowl of wet ingredients BUT be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and pumpkin spice for topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners and sprinkle each muffin with the sugar and pumpkin spice mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5-7.
This easy, spicy cilantro jalapeño hummus is going to be your new favorite dip! Hummus is my go to healthy dip! It is so versatile and I love to play around with the flavors and this cilantro jalapeño packs such great taste!
Serve it with a variety different veggies, crackers, or pita chips for dipping. Spread it on your avocado toast and top it with a fried egg, game changer! Make in minutes if your using canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans). The hummus is addicting. I left it in the fridge and when I came back it was gone! It is great addition to serve on your veggie platter!
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 inch thumb of jalepeno, more if your like it spicy!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and process till smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed! Enjoy!
The most perfect Gluten, Refined Sugar & Dairy free Brownies! They are so fudgy, rich, and chocolatey with a crispy exterior. This is a one bowl mix!
I have fallen in love with Almond Flour! Its become my favorite flour to bake with. It is no surprise that I have a sweet tooth. Baking a brownie that taste like a brownie but is so much healthier than your average brownie brings me pure joy! I don’t like feeling icky after eating junk, so here you have my healthified brownie babes!
Brownies have always been my favorite chocolate fix. I love the simplicity of them! The fudgier the better in my opinion! You won’t even notice they are gluten, refined sugar or dairy free! Store them in the fridge, they won’t last long!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, coconut sugar. Mix till alll ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Plant based protein packed smoothie as creamy as a milkshake. Made with simple and healthy ingredients that will will keep you full and satisfied. Easy enough to make in large batches and store in the freezer!
I love all my make ahead meals!! FoodSaver FM200 helps me save time and money, keeping my food fresh as can be!! As a proud partner with them I bring you the most delicious superfood packed make ahead smoothie! Life is so much easier when things are prepped and ready to go!
As a busy mama, meals need to be quick with minimal cleanup! There is no more excuses for me to go spend 8.00 on a smoothie when I have my favorite ready to go in the freezer! Honestly, who doesn’t like to save time and money?! I’d like to also mention its the number 1 best selling vacuum sealing brand, ETL safety certified and comes with a 5 year limited warranty!
These smoothie packs will store in your freezer for months thanks to the life saver… I MEAN FoodSaver!! Pull it out, pour in milk and blend it up! It is so creamy and delicious, the combination of mint and chocolate is ridiculously good! You can easily put together a bunch of these and have smoothies ready for the whole month! Total time saver and no yucky freezer taste or freezer burn!!
Left overs, meats, fruits and veggies, trust me this vacuum does it all. I would never partner with a brand I didn’t know or love! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie Freezer Pack
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 avacado
- 1 scoop protien powder, chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk and ice into the FoodSaver bag. Seal bag and store in freezer.
- When ready to blend, dump contents plus 1 cup of coconut milk and ice into blender and blend till smooth.
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings to your hearts desire!
Yogurt, fruit and granola are a breakfast staple around here. As I was eating my breakfast my mind went a little wild, so in the next hour I was serving up breakfast tarts to the fam.. The official taste testers here at Kays’ Clean Eat’s, ha!
The tarts are crunchy and sweet edible bowls that you can fill with anything you desire! The granola crust is a perfect blend of rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, hempseed, flax meal, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Guaranteed to make the house smell amazing as they bake! Honestly it was the perfect breakfast to settle into after lasts nights episode of Game of Thrones… still mind blown!
Your going to want the granola shell to cool completely so it can become more crunchy. If you notice the sides falling after being baked, gently push them back up with a spoon while tart is still hot. Let tarts completely cool before removing them otherwise it will crumble. They are delicate so be carful when removing them from the tart pan. You can also make one large 1o inch tart with this recipe.
The filling is yours to be creative with. We love honey vanilla greek yogurt, thats what I used for my filling. Other great options would be any non-dairy yogurt or even a custard or ice-cream for dessert! Top with seasonal fruits, the more color you add the more ascetically pleasing! If you make ahead do not add yogurt till right before serving, they will become soggy if it sits to long. I can not wait to see your remakes and the fruit you choose!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats can sub any oats quick, old fashion...
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal can sub flax seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup any liquid sweetner will work
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease 6 -7 mini tart pans.
- In a medium bowl mix togther the oats, seeds, flax, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Mix till everything is well coated.
- Transfer 3-4 tbsp of the mixture into each tart pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow tarts to fully cool. If you notice sides have sunk gently press them back into place with a spoon while still hot.
- Once completly cooled remove tarts carefully from pans using a knife to scrape sides if necesary. Tarts are delicate.
- Fill each tart with yogurt and smooth evenly.
- Top with fruit, coconut shreds and chia seeds. Serve immediatly to avoid crust becoming soggy!
This is the crowd pleaser! Raw, vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free!! Guilt free indeed!! This is a no bake, no hassle treat!
So a little back story on my raw vegan cake creating… I started when I was 20, trying to replicate the raw cakes I would eat at the Au Lac on the nights we had “family dinners,” growing up. Through trail and error I’ve come a long way in my raw vegan cake game!! There were years I would sell raw vegan cakes out of my kitchen just to pay my rent in college! Maybe it was the pressure of paying rent that helped me really get it down! Needles to say it is a much healthier alternative to a regular cake. You are sure to love this one!! Enjoy! xx
Raw Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates 10-12
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup soaked cashews soak for 4-6 hrs of flash soak for 15 mins in boiling water, see notes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup agave
- 12 strawberries stem removed
- starwberries, melted chocolate, cacao nibs
For the crust, combine all ingredients in the food processor until finely chopped and starting to hold together when squeezed. If it doesn't you may need to add a little water 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Place mixture into a 9 inch removable bottom tart pan, or you can use a coconut oil greased cake pan/spring foam pan.
- For the tart filling, place all ingredients into a high speed blender, blend till smooth and creamy. Pour filling over crust and let it set in freezer till firm (about 2 hours).
- Once tart is set. Top with whatever you feel! I used melted white and dark chocolate for chocolate covered strawberries and a nice drizzle. I also added cacao nibs for a superfood boost! Be creative, add what you like!