Delicious & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is our family favorite recipe! This soup is pure comfort food and lick your bowl clean kind of delicious! Packed with veggies, chicken, and noodles you will have dinner ready in no time!
The flavoring in this soup is amazing and it is so simple to make! Chicken noodle soup, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated soups around, not only is it delicious, it is so nourishing and comforting! Let’s get rid of the stigma it’s just good when your sick or not feeling well! Yes, it is all of that but so much more, my Delicious & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup will be your new favorite!
Over the years I have slowly turned my husband into a soup lover, in fact, he used to never consider soup to be a meal which made this soup lover eye-roll all the time, haha! However, through patience and persistence, he’s been turned into a non-complaining soup eater, ha!! This soup along with Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, are some of his favorites.
Everything about this soup is so simple to throw together, I made it even easier by using rotisserie chicken. Also if you don’t want to chop your veggies you can purchase mirepoix from your Trader Joe’s, save you some time!
How do you make chicken noodle soup
Chicken noodle soup is easy peasy to throw together!
Start by sauteeing your veggies in butter till tender and fragrant, add in your broth and noodles and cook till noodles are al dente. Throw in your chicken and bullion, simmer and season! I told you it was easy!
Add some crunchy butter bread, a side of crackers or eat it plain. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, stems removed
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz macaroni noodles, dry
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tsp Better than Bouillon, roasted chicken base
- salt and pepper
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large soup pot over medium heat add the butter, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, and thyme leaves. Sautee for 4-6 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Pour in the chicken broth, add in the bay and noodles, bring to a boil on high heat then reduce to a simmer. Cook until noodles are al dente, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and bullion. Stir and continue to simmer until chicken is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy
What could possibly make Mac and cheese any better? Hatch Green Chiles that’s what! Hatch Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese is the ultimate baked comfort food with insanely delicious cheesy sauce, flavorful chilis, and a golden panko topping.
Out of all the Mac and cheese in the world, this is my absolute favorite and happens to be my sister’s favorite too! For her birthday she asked me to make Mac and cheese with hatch green chiles and a cake (coming soon), how could I say no to that? It is nice to be asked to cook for others it must mean I’m doing something right, haha!
If you are in the mood for a buttery and cheesy macaroni and cheese this is the recipe for you. Hatch green chiles are the best balance of sweet and heat. The combination of hatch chiles and cheese makes for an insanely delicious meal!
What I find works best is freshly grated cheese. Pre shredded cheese contains anti-caking agents that often make you sauce more gritty and less smooth. Make sure you stir often to avoid clumping. You don’t want a dry macaroni so don’t skimp on the sauce. If I am going to exceed my calories why hesitate and skimp on the cheese make it worth guys! Lastly, if you have little mouths to feed at home you could absolutely omit the chiles for a creamy macaroni & cheese.
- 1 lb short pasta, cellentani is my favorite
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups mild cheddar
- 1 cup pepper jack
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 2 4 oz cans of mild hatch green chiles
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease your skillet or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook your pasta according to package in salted water. Be careful not to overcook. Drain in a colander and run under cool water. Drain all excess water and set aside.
- Heat butter on medium-high heat and add the flour. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes and whisk constantly.
- Slowly add in the milk and continue to whisk. Bring to a simmer you don't want it to boil, the sauce will thicken. Turn off heat and add the cheese by the handfuls, whisking after each addition. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta noodles and green chiles and transfer to your prepared baking dish. Place panko crumbs on top and season with more salt and pepper. Bake for 30 mins or until cheese sauce is bubbling and panko crumbs are golden. Enjoy!