Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a simple and healthy recipe bursting with flavor. Have this delicious meal out in 20 mins from start to finish!
There is nothing like a warm bowl of curry on a chilly day. I don’t know what is going on with me but I can not get enough of this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry. Literally I’ve eaten this 4 times in the past week!! My curry cravings are crazy, funny thing is that I never actually liked curry till 6 months ago! Maybe I am just making up for the lost time.
This dish has mild spice and is bursting with the most delicious cozy flavor. Serve it with some warm rice or naan and you got yourself the best meal ever! My love for curry lately is crazy, haha! The best part for me is it is that Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a quick, nutritious and delicious meal! I can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
A FEW RECIPES NOTES
- Use Veggies You Like in this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry: Broccoli, bok choi, peas, peppers, and eggplant would all be great additions!
- Rice: curry goes excellent with rice, rice noodles, and naan.
Love curry, also try 15 – Minute Chickpea Curry and Quinoa.
If you tried this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry please let me know how you liked it by leaving a rating and comment below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the delicious things happening around here!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz tofu, extra firm cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 15 oz coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt & Peper to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add in tofu and cook each side 1-2 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Transfer tofu to a separate bowl and add in the shallot and cauliflower. Cook for 1 minute. Then add in carrots, zucchini, garlic, and ginger let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together till well combined. Add back in tofu and bring the curry to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust if needed, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
15- Minute Chickpea Curry and quinoa is vegan + gluten-free and full of rich flavor and filling. It’s the perfect quick and easy meal.
This curry came about when I had already decided there is nothing to eat, ha! I am usually a salad and protein kinda girl at lunchtime. However, this is going to be a weekly staple! Believe it or not, I never liked curry as a kid. What the heck was I thinking missing out on all the great depth of flavors curry has to offer.
This curry is rich and mildly spicey, it is not an overpowering flavor of curry as I like mine mild. It is a perfect meal prep or just a quick lunch as it will be ready in no time!
Tip: Cook quinoa while you’re prepping the curry it will be ready at the same time.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan cook quinoa according to package.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and add your olive oil.
- Add your shallot, minced garlic, bell pepper, and broccoli. Sauté them for a few minutes until softened.
- Next, add in chickpeas and cook for another minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, salt and pepper, and curry powder. Stir and bring to a quick boil then reduce heat.
- Add in the spinach and cilantro. Stir till spinach is wilted.
- Serve with quinoa or rice, fresh lime, and spicy chili flakes. Enjoy!