Sweet Potato Pie Parfaits are naturally sweet and packed with essential vitamins and minerals to fuel your day! This healthy recipe is gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and refined sugar-free.
Happy New Year everyone!! There is so much newness in the air! I don’t know about you but after the holidays it just feels good to eat lighter! My goal is to eat a more balanced diet which will not be hard considering December felt like cookies and cocktails on repeat, ha! When I eat a lot of sugary foods I crave them, so I breaking that cycle this month.
I created this sweet potato parfait with the intention of it being an easy grab and go breakfast however it was sweet enough to be dessert and help curb my sweet tooth… damn those Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.. haha! So in order to not gravitate towards the junk, I decided to meal prep these Sweet Potato Parfaits and have when I am craving something sweet.
The best part about these Sweet Potato Parfaits is that it uses minimal ingredients. The sweet potato layers are like pudding. To top it off I used yogurt and a quick homemade topping for some extra crunch. This parfait is so filling, be sure to keep some extra topping close by!
Sweet Potato Benefits
After baking sweet potatoes I put them into the food processor, no peeling of the skin. The skins are full of vitamins and minerals including potassium, vitamin C, zinc and B vitamins. Eating sweet potatoes has many positive effects on your health including but not limited to gut health, healthy hair & skin and anti-inflammatory properties.
How do you make sweet potato parfaits
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all your topping ingredients till combined. Evenly spread out on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes turning once halfway. Let topping cool completely before transferring it to a container.
Sweet Potato Puree
- To a food processor add in your baked sweet potatoes including skins, 3 tbsp agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Puree until completely smooth.
- Remove half of the puree and set aside.
- To the food processor add coconut milk and 2 tbsp of agave, process till combined.
- In six small jars layer parfaits in the following order, approximately 1/4 cup of sweet potato puree, approx 1/2 cup coconut-sweet potato puree, and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve with the topping and fruit, enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats (can use Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I recommend using sprouted seeds)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
Sweet Potato Puree
- 5-6 small baked sweet potatoes
- 5 tbsp of agave, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl combine all your topping ingredients till combined. Evenly spread out on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes turning once halfway. Let topping cool completely before transferring it to a container.
Sweet Potato Puree:
To a food processor add in your baked sweet potatoes including skins, 3 tbsp agave, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Puree until completely smooth.
Remove half of the puree and set aside.
To the food processor add coconut milk and 2 tbsp of agave, process till combined.
In six small jars layer parfaits in the following order, approximately 1/4 cup of sweet potato puree, approx 1/2 cup coconut-sweet potato puree, and a dollop of yogurt.
Serve with the topping and fruit, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 578mg Carbohydrates: 44g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g
The most perfect Gluten, Refined Sugar & Dairy free Brownies! They are so fudgy, rich, and chocolatey with a crispy exterior. This is a one bowl mix!
I have fallen in love with Almond Flour! Its become my favorite flour to bake with. It is no surprise that I have a sweet tooth. Baking a brownie that taste like a brownie but is so much healthier than your average brownie brings me pure joy! I don’t like feeling icky after eating junk, so here you have my healthified brownie babes!
Brownies have always been my favorite chocolate fix. I love the simplicity of them! The fudgier the better in my opinion! You won’t even notice they are gluten, refined sugar or dairy free! Store them in the fridge, they won’t last long!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, coconut sugar. Mix till alll ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Plant based protein packed smoothie as creamy as a milkshake. Made with simple and healthy ingredients that will will keep you full and satisfied. Easy enough to make in large batches and store in the freezer!
I love all my make ahead meals!! FoodSaver FM200 helps me save time and money, keeping my food fresh as can be!! As a proud partner with them I bring you the most delicious superfood packed make ahead smoothie! Life is so much easier when things are prepped and ready to go!
As a busy mama, meals need to be quick with minimal cleanup! There is no more excuses for me to go spend 8.00 on a smoothie when I have my favorite ready to go in the freezer! Honestly, who doesn’t like to save time and money?! I’d like to also mention its the number 1 best selling vacuum sealing brand, ETL safety certified and comes with a 5 year limited warranty!
These smoothie packs will store in your freezer for months thanks to the life saver… I MEAN FoodSaver!! Pull it out, pour in milk and blend it up! It is so creamy and delicious, the combination of mint and chocolate is ridiculously good! You can easily put together a bunch of these and have smoothies ready for the whole month! Total time saver and no yucky freezer taste or freezer burn!!
Left overs, meats, fruits and veggies, trust me this vacuum does it all. I would never partner with a brand I didn’t know or love! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie Freezer Pack
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/4 avacado
- 1 scoop protien powder, chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp spirulina
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk and ice into the FoodSaver bag. Seal bag and store in freezer.
- When ready to blend, dump contents plus 1 cup of coconut milk and ice into blender and blend till smooth.
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!