Easy Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect easy side and the ultimate potluck hit that everyone will enjoy!! With a beautiful blend of crisp juicy veggies and feta tossed in greek dressing make for the perfect pasta salad.
There is something so wonderful about greek salad seems like I always have the ingredients on hand. With an extra box of pasta chilling in the pantry I thought hey why not try a greek pasta salad! The combination of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, feta and olives tossed in Greek dressing makes for a crazy good meal.
Of course, I recommended making the dressing but if you find yourself short on time toss in a store bought dressing. The salad will hold up in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is perfect for packed lunches, BBQ’s and potlucks.
To make it is so simple!
- Cook your pasta according to package and rinse with cold water to stop cooking
- Wash and chop your veggies while the pasta is cooking.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and toss in the dressing. Chill and serve!
Prep Time 9 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 lb short pasta
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 zucchini's spirulized (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 oz sliced black olives, drain juice from can
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinager
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- While pasta is cooking prepare your dressing then wash and chop your veggies.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss in dressing. Chill in fridge and enjoy!
Light and healthy with the perfect blend of oat and pecan crisp topping. One Bowl Peach Cris is the ultimate summer comfort food that is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
The end of sweet summer fruit is upon us here. Peach season its been real and I am not ready for you to go! I urge you to make this absolutely delicious peach crisp before the peaches disappear from our markets. Peach crisp is one of the desserts that make the house smell amazing, everyone will be coming straight to the kitchen!
Peach Crisp is excellent when served with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt! You can’t go wrong with this crisp!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups peaches, peeled (optional), cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup raw pecans chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softned
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and greese a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the peaches, maple syrup, almond flour and salt. Mix well and coat the peaches evenly.
- Transfer peaches to you baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking prepare your crisp. In the same bowl mix your oats, almond flour, chopped raw pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Mix with a spoon until mixture is crumbly. You can also use your hands for this part.
- Once peaches have baked 20 minutes sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly over the top. Bake the crisp for 20 more minutes until the crisp golden brown and the peaches are bubbling. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of greek yogurt.
Easy no fuss bowls that are perfect for meal prep, lunch and dinner. Prepare these bowls and have a healthy lunch or dinner for the week!
After a week of all inclusive eating tacos and drinking margaritas in Mexico, its time for a little break. Craving all the vegetables!! These are my favorite bowls to eat during the week. Once you make this bowl you will find yourself wanting more, healthy eating does not have to be gross or boring.
Before we jump into the recipe I want to say that I don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” they are customizable and easy to make. You can put different veggies in your bowl every time out just stick to your favorites.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
Hearty noursih bowls perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep!
- 2 cups cabbage (purple or green) cut in thin strips
- 1 zuchinni sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 bell pepper sliced core and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread out and evenly place veggies on your baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss till veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender but crisp on edges.
- While veggies are roasting prepare your quinoa. In a small sauce pan combine water, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover. Cook for 15 mins then turn off heat, keep covered for 7 minutes while heat is off. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa and an assorment of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with feta, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Enoy!
- Note- if you are mal prepping you can place everything in containers and microwave when you are ready to eat.
- Optional but totally reccomened to add avocado chunks!
The most perfect Gluten, Refined Sugar & Dairy free Brownies! They are so fudgy, rich, and chocolatey with a crispy exterior. This is a one bowl mix!
I have fallen in love with Almond Flour! Its become my favorite flour to bake with. It is no surprise that I have a sweet tooth. Baking a brownie that taste like a brownie but is so much healthier than your average brownie brings me pure joy! I don’t like feeling icky after eating junk, so here you have my healthified brownie babes!
Brownies have always been my favorite chocolate fix. I love the simplicity of them! The fudgier the better in my opinion! You won’t even notice they are gluten, refined sugar or dairy free! Store them in the fridge, they won’t last long!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Rich, supremely dense, crinkly outside thick and fudgy inside! Refined sugar, Gluten, and Dairy FREE!
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, coconut sugar. Mix till alll ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite protein choice. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! This chicken salad is made with a greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!