This Easy French Toast recipe uses lighter ingredients but has the same great flavor! Perfect brunch for the whole family to enjoy.
Sunday mornings are my favorite to whip up breakfast foods. Sometimes its an elaborate brunch or just some Easy french toast and fruit. Regardless of what it is the kids are crazy for brunch, just like their mama! Now that we are getting hotter days cooking is only enjoyable with the AC on full blast! It’s pretty much turning onto grilling season in southern California.
Today we went with Easy French Toast, I used country buttermilk bread, which is always delicious with french toast. Any bread will work, use what you have! If you like a thick slice I would go with brioche, personally I like a lighter thinner sliced bread.
How to Make Easy French Toast
This recipe comes together in a quick 10 minutes. You will need a medium-size bowl to make french toast mixture and a skillet or non-stick pan for cooking. Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup!
- whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- banana coins
- nut butter
- powder sugar
Love breakfast, you must also try Banana Oat Blender Pancakes, Chia Pudding, and Oats Breakfast Bowl, Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal, Blueberry Protein Oatmeal Cups + Video, and The Best Almond Flour Banana Muffins.
Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the perfect side dish for any BBQ or Luau! Made with 5 ingredients this creamy lighted up and vegan-friendly macaroni salad is sure to hit the spot.
Not only did this Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad get the family approval, my kids asked for it the next day! I served it with my Easy Hawaiian Chicken recipe and it truly was the perfect pair.
This recipe is perfect to bring to a BBQ or have on its own. It stores great in the fridge for up to 5 days, the kids love a bowl for snack time or lunch. Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad does not skimp on flavor it is absolutely delicious!
4 Simple Ingredients for Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni
- dry macaroni pasta
- shredded carrots
- grated onion
- vegan mayo, or sub regular mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
That is all you will need to create this delicious macaroni salad!
- 1 1/2 cup dry macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo, or sub regular mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook macaroni according to package, about 10 minutes. You want it softer than al dente. Strain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Let chill in the refrigerator.
Add mayo to your chilled macaroni and mix well. Stir in carrots and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Can be made 24 hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 4-5 days.
The recipe for Easy Hawaiian Chicken is a delicious sweet and savory chicken that the whole family will love. This is an easy dinner and perfect for entertaining too.
This meal was inspired by my craving for L&L Hawaiian bbq, a local hole in the wall Hawaiin food joint! Oh man… it is truly delicious, and probably full of ingredients you don’t want to find yourself eating every day! My favorite plate is the Hawaiin chicken plate served with Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad salad and rice.
Because of all the restaurant closures due to the Covid-19 we are forced to recreate some of our favorite takeout meals. Introducing a healthy version of my favorite Hawaiian take out, Easy Hawaiian Chicken!!
- 1 lb - 1.3 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
Hawaiian Chicken Marinde
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp canned pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, can sub any cooking oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Place the ketchup, agave, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, avocado oil, giber minced garlic, and soy sauce into a medium-size bowl or a zip lock bag. Mix till well combined.
- Add chicken and marinate for 3-24 hours.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat or a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with rice, your favorite vegetable side, and Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Enjoy
These Easy Mini Pizza Bites are delicious for kids and adults! Perfect size for kid’s meals or to serve up on football Sunday!
Kyson, my oldest son (6yrs old) has been begging me to put a pizza slice in his lunch now for a few months. I kinda just brushed it off hoping he would forget. But I tell you, kids, they don’t forget.. anything. So as I was doing my weekly grocery shop at Traders I saw the premade pizza dough. And at the very moment, I told myself to make Kyson’s lunchbox dreams come true, haha!
So I bought the premade dough, the sauce, and the mozzarella cheese. YES, 3 simple and easy ingredients away from sinking your teeth into these irresistible easy mini pizza bites. Initially, I was going to bake a whole pizza but while I was looking for my pizza pan out fell the mini muffin tin, it was a sign! It was meant to be and at that moment it came to me, EASY MINI PIZZA BITES!
This recipe is simple, I topped the easy mini pizzas bites with cheese and pepperoni however you can top with whatever toppings you like. They are a fantastic appetizer for kids, game day, or just because you love pizza 🍕 like Kyson!
- 1 16 oz Pizza dough ready to bake, I used trader joes brand
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- pepperoni slices, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Separate pizza dough evenly into twelve pieces. Gently stretch each dough and press them into the muffin cups.
- Place about a 1/2 - 1 tbsp of pizza sauce into each muffin. Then add cheese and pepperoni. Or use toppings of choice.
- Bake for 22-25 mins, depending on your oven, or until cooked through. You want dough slightly golden, and the cheese melted and bubbly. Enjoy!