Honestly, what is better than a tender, crisp, golden-brown chicken cutlet! Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets can turn into the perfect chicken parmesan or star as the main dish at any meal.
Chicken Cutlets is a Gluten-Free dish everyone in my household loves. Serve it up with your favorite side dishes and you got yourself an insanely delicious meal. I believe anyone can make these and everyone will love them. The technique is simple, dip the chicken cutlet in almond flour, next dip in the egg, and lastly the panko mixture.
There are a few things you can do to ensure your success with chicken cutlets:
- First make sure your cutlet is not to thick, pound it out, baby! Pounding the chicken will keep it thin and also tenderize it.
- Second, don’t buy preseasoned panko, season it yourself! Fresh herbs are a game-changer do not sell yourself short!
- Seasonings and fresh herbs bring so much life and flavor to a dish.
- Lastly, do not forget the cheese!! More cheese.. even better, in my opinion, ha!
You can slather these chicken cutlets up with marinara and mozzarella for the most amazing chicken parmesan ever!! You’re going to love these guys!! They are a great weeknight meal option for the entire family!
Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
Perfectly crisp and delicious! Goes perfect with a salad or your favorite side dish.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 4-5 ounce chicken cutlets 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- optional fresh basil for serving
- Use 3 shallow dishes. Spread flour in first dish. Beat eggs in second dish, and in the third dish combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano.
- Pat dry cutlets and season with salt and pepper. Using 1 cutlet at a time dredge in flour, dip in egg, and coat with panko mixture pressing gently to adhere. Transfer to a large plate.
Pan Fry Chicken
- Layer a clean large dish with paper towels. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 3 cutlets at a time cooking till golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Transfer cutlets to paper towel lined dish and cover with foil. Wipe skillet and repeat pouring in oil and cooking 3 cuttles at a time.
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad is one of our family favorites! A quick weeknight meal everyone loves. Use the leftovers for tacos, bowls, burritos, quesadillas and on top of salads! Pollo Asado truly is the perfect blend of sweet and smokey.
Happy first day of Fall my amazing blog family, we are steadily growing and I could not be more thankful! September days are nearly over and we are full steam ahead into the Holliday season. Now with the kids back in school, time is of the essence especially because I have become that mom taxi! Honestly if I am not totally organized I feel like everything will fall apart. Thus, I like to create quick ad delicious weeknight meals packed with nutrition. I avoid getting takeout during the week by planning my meals every Sunday however some weeknight call for takeout occasionally.
Mexican food is one thing we can all get on board within my household. Pollo Asado is sweet and slightly smokey it tastes fantastic with some extra lime juice drizzled on top. I recommend you marinate chicken 2-4 hours or overnight. It tastes best grilled or cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days and you can use it in different meals so it won’t feel like your eating the same old leftovers!
We like ours over a bed of rice with a side of avocado salad. The flavors in the bowl come together beautifully. What’s Mexican food without a little rice and beans! I typically serve this with beans however I just happened to be out! These bowls will not disappoint!
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad
Sweet & Smokey Chicken Perfect addition to any meal!
- 2 lbs chicken, can use breast, thighs or whole
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 - 2 cups rice cooked according to package
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pollo Asado:
- In a large ziplock freezer bag and in the adobo, citrus juice, minced garlic, and spices. Add in chicken pieces, seal bag massage chicken and marinate 2-4 hours. Don't let it marinate for longer the 24 hours as it will toughen the chicken, you want TENDER.
- Heat your cast iron and add cooking oil. Cook chicken on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes each side, or until center reads 165 F. If you choose to grill your chicken cook each side 7-10 minutes or until center reads 165 F and the outside is nicely chared. Let rest 3 minutes before cutting.
For the Avocado salad:
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and toss. Be carful not to smash the avocado.
To assemble bowls:
- Layer rice in 4 or 5 bowls and top with chiken and avocado salad. I like to add purple cabbage but green leaf lettuce wokrs great too! Enjoy!
Easy Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect easy side and the ultimate potluck hit that everyone will enjoy!! With a beautiful blend of crisp juicy veggies and feta tossed in greek dressing make for the perfect pasta salad.
There is something so wonderful about greek salad seems like I always have the ingredients on hand. With an extra box of pasta chilling in the pantry I thought hey why not try a greek pasta salad! The combination of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, feta and olives tossed in Greek dressing makes for a crazy good meal.
Of course, I recommended making the dressing but if you find yourself short on time toss in a store bought dressing. The salad will hold up in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is perfect for packed lunches, BBQ’s and potlucks.
To make it is so simple!
- Cook your pasta according to package and rinse with cold water to stop cooking
- Wash and chop your veggies while the pasta is cooking.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and toss in the dressing. Chill and serve!
Prep Time 9 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 lb short pasta
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 zucchini's spirulized (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 oz sliced black olives, drain juice from can
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinager
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- While pasta is cooking prepare your dressing then wash and chop your veggies.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss in dressing. Chill in fridge and enjoy!
Light and healthy with the perfect blend of oat and pecan crisp topping. One Bowl Peach Cris is the ultimate summer comfort food that is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
The end of sweet summer fruit is upon us here. Peach season its been real and I am not ready for you to go! I urge you to make this absolutely delicious peach crisp before the peaches disappear from our markets. Peach crisp is one of the desserts that make the house smell amazing, everyone will be coming straight to the kitchen!
Peach Crisp is excellent when served with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt! You can’t go wrong with this crisp!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups peaches, peeled (optional), cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup raw pecans chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softned
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and greese a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the peaches, maple syrup, almond flour and salt. Mix well and coat the peaches evenly.
- Transfer peaches to you baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking prepare your crisp. In the same bowl mix your oats, almond flour, chopped raw pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Mix with a spoon until mixture is crumbly. You can also use your hands for this part.
- Once peaches have baked 20 minutes sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly over the top. Bake the crisp for 20 more minutes until the crisp golden brown and the peaches are bubbling. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of greek yogurt.
The most perfect Gluten, Refined Sugar & Dairy free Brownies! They are so fudgy, rich, and chocolatey with a crispy exterior. This is a one bowl mix!
I have fallen in love with Almond Flour! Its become my favorite flour to bake with. It is no surprise that I have a sweet tooth. Baking a brownie that taste like a brownie but is so much healthier than your average brownie brings me pure joy! I don’t like feeling icky after eating junk, so here you have my healthified brownie babes!
Brownies have always been my favorite chocolate fix. I love the simplicity of them! The fudgier the better in my opinion! You won’t even notice they are gluten, refined sugar or dairy free! Store them in the fridge, they won’t last long!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Rich, supremely dense, crinkly outside thick and fudgy inside! Refined sugar, Gluten, and Dairy FREE!
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl combine apple sauce, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, salt, coconut sugar. Mix till alll ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and almond flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite protein choice. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings to your hearts desire!
Yogurt, fruit and granola are a breakfast staple around here. As I was eating my breakfast my mind went a little wild, so in the next hour I was serving up breakfast tarts to the fam.. The official taste testers here at Kays’ Clean Eat’s, ha!
The tarts are crunchy and sweet edible bowls that you can fill with anything you desire! The granola crust is a perfect blend of rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, hempseed, flax meal, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Guaranteed to make the house smell amazing as they bake! Honestly it was the perfect breakfast to settle into after lasts nights episode of Game of Thrones… still mind blown!
Your going to want the granola shell to cool completely so it can become more crunchy. If you notice the sides falling after being baked, gently push them back up with a spoon while tart is still hot. Let tarts completely cool before removing them otherwise it will crumble. They are delicate so be carful when removing them from the tart pan. You can also make one large 1o inch tart with this recipe.
The filling is yours to be creative with. We love honey vanilla greek yogurt, thats what I used for my filling. Other great options would be any non-dairy yogurt or even a custard or ice-cream for dessert! Top with seasonal fruits, the more color you add the more ascetically pleasing! If you make ahead do not add yogurt till right before serving, they will become soggy if it sits to long. I can not wait to see your remakes and the fruit you choose!
This Granola Tart is simple yet so delicious. It is perfectly sweet and light. Eat it for breakfast, snack or when you have a sweet tooth! It taste as good as it looks! Its a total show stopper, refined sugar and gluten free! You can customize your fillings and toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats can sub any oats quick, old fashion...
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal can sub flax seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup any liquid sweetner will work
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease 6 -7 mini tart pans.
- In a medium bowl mix togther the oats, seeds, flax, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Mix till everything is well coated.
- Transfer 3-4 tbsp of the mixture into each tart pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow tarts to fully cool. If you notice sides have sunk gently press them back into place with a spoon while still hot.
- Once completly cooled remove tarts carefully from pans using a knife to scrape sides if necesary. Tarts are delicate.
- Fill each tart with yogurt and smooth evenly.
- Top with fruit, coconut shreds and chia seeds. Serve immediatly to avoid crust becoming soggy!
Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread, I can’t get enough of it. Recipe is fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or to enjoy with your coffee or tea anytime!
The weather around here in Orange County is officially warming up! I am looking forward to endless beach days with the kids, and lots of summer recipe work. On a stroll through my local farmers market I could not get over how sweet the berries smelt from the stand. I stood there for a few minuets just smelling the berry air… obviously couldn’t resist that sweet smell so I purchased a flat of beautiful bright red strawberries. The recipe would probably work with frozen, however they do release more liquid so I would add more flour.
Strawberries at peak season are honestly the best to use in recipes, they add so much flavor to both sweet a savory dishes. My little girl loves to help me in the kitchen, together we made this super soft & moist bread, it bursts with strawberries in every bite! I love banana bread, the addition of sweet strawberries takes it to another level of deliciousness.
I know your going to love it!
Sweet Summery Strawberry Banana Bread
Fast and easy, no mixer required. I made it both gluten and refined sugar free. Try to use fresh sweet strawberries they add the perfect touch of sweetness to this simple banana bread recipe. It makes for the perfect breakfast or snack!
- 2 eggs can sub 2 flax eggs for vegan option
- 2 ripe and spotty bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mash bananas with a fork, add in eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix till well combined.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in chopped strawberries.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan. Add dark chocolate on top of loaf (optional).
- Bake at 350° 60-70 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is completely set.
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! This chicken salad is made with a greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!