You are going to love these amazing Egg Bites, they are perfect for that HANGRY o’clock, or just a grab and go breakfast. This recipe is freezer friendly and a simple reheat whenever you need a quick snack or breakfast.
Easy Egg Bites are simply little frittatas if you will. They have veggies, cheese, and meat if you like. Whatever you like in your eggs you can pretty much throw in egg bites. I used baby greens, tomatoes, bacon, and cheddar cheese. This is one of my favorite combos!
The idea is not to overload your muffin slots with too much, you don’t want these tasting like a salad, ha. Each muffin cup should have a feel-good amount of fillings to still taste like an egg bite.
Can you freeze Egg Bites
Absolutely! Cook them as directed, let them fully cool and transfer them to a flat surface tray like a cookie sheet or cutting board. Place them in the freezer for 1 hour then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container.
You can pop these in the microwave and reheat 1-2 mins from frozen, or 30 seconds from the refrigerator. These also reheat great int he oven or toaster oven.
You can add in or omit anything you want, recipe time should remain the same. If you will be using potatoes they will need to be cooked first. You can easily make this vegetarian friendly or dairy-free.
- 1/2 cup baby greens, chopped ( baby spinach works great)
- 1 small tomato, diced and seeded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk ( if using almond use unsweetend)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin generously with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to taste.
- To each muffin slot, add about 1 tbsp of greens, tomatoes, bacon, and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Pour over egg mixture to each slot leaving little room at the top.
- Bake egg bites for 20 minutes. If the top is not fully cooked return to the oven cooking in 3-minute increments. Enjoy!
This is the tastiest and easiest broccoli, kale, and cheddar quiche recipe. Start with a pre-made pie crust, sauté your veggies, whisk your eggs and bake! You can personalize this quiche by us using your favorite veggies, cheese and even adding in your favorite protein.
Quiche is simple and a total crowd-pleaser also a great way to get in green veggies. You can eat it at any meal and it is very easy to reheat. This quiche is the perfect addition to your breakfast spread.
I think we can all agree quiche is the best party food, most adore it. Serve this up at your next shower, brunch or small gathering. Such a delicious and easy meal, you are going to love every last bite. If you do not like the strong flavor of kale swap it out for baby kale or spinach they are milder.
Can I bake without a crust?
Yes!! The same way you would bake with a crust just generously spray your dish with cooking spray to avoid sticking. I love crustless quiche however my kids love the crust!
How to make Kale, Broccoli, and Cheddar Quiche:
Bake pie crust: pre-heat your oven and bake crust for 10 minutes.
Cook the kale, broccoli, and onion. Melt butter in a non-stick pan and sauté veggies till soft. Let cool.
Mix: Mix together eggs and milk.
Combine: stir in cheese and veggies into the eggs.
Bake: pour filling into your partially baked pie crust and bake!
Love quiche? Also try, Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Quiche
Kale, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, can sub half and half or nonfat
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place your pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add in the kale, onion, and broccoli. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till veggies are tender and fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In medium sized bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk till combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour filling over your partially baked pie crust an bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!