Mexican Street tacos are one of my favorite foods! I love how easy they are to make and my family goes crazy for street tacos. There is no marinating necessary just a simple dry rub for the chicken thighs and your ready to grill. Serve on a warm tortilla and top it with cilantro, onions and the very best Chipolte Crema!
I love cooking chicken on my cast iron grill style pan because it always comes out perfect. There is nothing quite like street tacos. The combination of the perfectly grilled meat, zesty toppings, and finger-licking good sauce result in the ultimate meal. The flavor of these street chicken tacos will keep you coming back for seconds, thirds, maybe even fourths! My entire family loves these tacos and they can be served as a taco bar and have everyone customize their own or they can be prepared.
Use boneless chicken thighs they are always more tender and juicy than the breast. Traditional street tacos are simple no need to over complicate things. Top them with fresh cilantro onion and the very BEST chipotle crema. The creaminess of this sauce is the NEXT LEVEL. You can put it on any kind of taco and it will taste amazing. There is no wrong way to eat a taco however I highly recommend you never skip the spicy chipotle crema!
Chicken Street Tacos
Delicious tacos everyone will love!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
Chicken Dry Rub
- 1 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, can sub greek yogurt
- 2 tsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotles
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cilantro dried, can sub fresh just dice very small
- 1 head cilantro diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- In a small bowl combine all dry rub spices.
- Sprinkle over your chicken thighs coating both sides.
- Spray your cast iron with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. You can also use your outdoor grill keep the temperature between 425-450 degrees.
- Cook chicken till it has cooked thru, or till center reads 165. Flip once halfway about 6-7 minutes per side, you want a nice char on the outside.
- Transfer to plate and cover with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Dice chicken up in small cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together till smooth and creamy.
Assemble Chicken Street Tacos:
- Sprinkle chicken over a warm tortilla. Drizzle chipotle crema and sprinkle the cilantro and onions. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
Nothing says October like Pumpkin Spice. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are packed with pumpkin and topped with sugar. They are super moist and absolutely delicious. How else would I celebrate on the first day of October?
I could eat pumpkin muffins year-round. They give off all the cozy Fall feels. This time of year it seems like Trader Joe’s explodes with pumpkin everything and I am all for it! First on my list of pumpkin things to make is pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Next, these amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Pumpkin muffins are a great pair to your cup of coffee or tea. Freezer friendly only takes second to reheat in the microwave.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp almond butter any nut butter will work
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar, if you like a sweeter muffin add in another 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- dash of salt
Spice and Sugar topping
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray each of them with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together your flour and baking powder then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, sugar, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Whisk in the flour mixture to your large bowl of wet ingredients BUT be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and pumpkin spice for topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners and sprinkle each muffin with the sugar and pumpkin spice mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5-7.
Honestly, what is better than a tender, crisp, golden-brown chicken cutlet! Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets can turn into the perfect chicken parmesan or star as the main dish at any meal.
Chicken Cutlets is a Gluten-Free dish everyone in my household loves. Serve it up with your favorite side dishes and you got yourself an insanely delicious meal. I believe anyone can make these and everyone will love them. The technique is simple, dip the chicken cutlet in almond flour, next dip in the egg, and lastly the panko mixture.
There are a few things you can do to ensure your success with chicken cutlets:
- First make sure your cutlet is not to thick, pound it out, baby! Pounding the chicken will keep it thin and also tenderize it.
- Second, don’t buy preseasoned panko, season it yourself! Fresh herbs are a game-changer do not sell yourself short!
- Seasonings and fresh herbs bring so much life and flavor to a dish.
- Lastly, do not forget the cheese!! More cheese.. even better, in my opinion, ha!
You can slather these chicken cutlets up with marinara and mozzarella for the most amazing chicken parmesan ever!! You’re going to love these guys!! They are a great weeknight meal option for the entire family!
Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
Perfectly crisp and delicious! Goes perfect with a salad or your favorite side dish.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 4-5 ounce chicken cutlets 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- optional fresh basil for serving
- Use 3 shallow dishes. Spread flour in first dish. Beat eggs in second dish, and in the third dish combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano.
- Pat dry cutlets and season with salt and pepper. Using 1 cutlet at a time dredge in flour, dip in egg, and coat with panko mixture pressing gently to adhere. Transfer to a large plate.
Pan Fry Chicken
- Layer a clean large dish with paper towels. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 3 cutlets at a time cooking till golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Transfer cutlets to paper towel lined dish and cover with foil. Wipe skillet and repeat pouring in oil and cooking 3 cuttles at a time.
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad is one of our family favorites! A quick weeknight meal everyone loves. Use the leftovers for tacos, bowls, burritos, quesadillas and on top of salads! Pollo Asado truly is the perfect blend of sweet and smokey.
Happy first day of Fall my amazing blog family, we are steadily growing and I could not be more thankful! September days are nearly over and we are full steam ahead into the Holliday season. Now with the kids back in school, time is of the essence especially because I have become that mom taxi! Honestly if I am not totally organized I feel like everything will fall apart. Thus, I like to create quick ad delicious weeknight meals packed with nutrition. I avoid getting takeout during the week by planning my meals every Sunday however some weeknight call for takeout occasionally.
Mexican food is one thing we can all get on board within my household. Pollo Asado is sweet and slightly smokey it tastes fantastic with some extra lime juice drizzled on top. I recommend you marinate chicken 2-4 hours or overnight. It tastes best grilled or cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days and you can use it in different meals so it won’t feel like your eating the same old leftovers!
We like ours over a bed of rice with a side of avocado salad. The flavors in the bowl come together beautifully. What’s Mexican food without a little rice and beans! I typically serve this with beans however I just happened to be out! These bowls will not disappoint!
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad
Sweet & Smokey Chicken Perfect addition to any meal!
- 2 lbs chicken, can use breast, thighs or whole
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 - 2 cups rice cooked according to package
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pollo Asado:
- In a large ziplock freezer bag and in the adobo, citrus juice, minced garlic, and spices. Add in chicken pieces, seal bag massage chicken and marinate 2-4 hours. Don't let it marinate for longer the 24 hours as it will toughen the chicken, you want TENDER.
- Heat your cast iron and add cooking oil. Cook chicken on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes each side, or until center reads 165 F. If you choose to grill your chicken cook each side 7-10 minutes or until center reads 165 F and the outside is nicely chared. Let rest 3 minutes before cutting.
For the Avocado salad:
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and toss. Be carful not to smash the avocado.
To assemble bowls:
- Layer rice in 4 or 5 bowls and top with chiken and avocado salad. I like to add purple cabbage but green leaf lettuce wokrs great too! Enjoy!
Light and healthy with the perfect blend of oat and pecan crisp topping. One Bowl Peach Cris is the ultimate summer comfort food that is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
The end of sweet summer fruit is upon us here. Peach season its been real and I am not ready for you to go! I urge you to make this absolutely delicious peach crisp before the peaches disappear from our markets. Peach crisp is one of the desserts that make the house smell amazing, everyone will be coming straight to the kitchen!
Peach Crisp is excellent when served with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of Greek yogurt! You can’t go wrong with this crisp!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups peaches, peeled (optional), cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup raw pecans chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softned
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and greese a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the peaches, maple syrup, almond flour and salt. Mix well and coat the peaches evenly.
- Transfer peaches to you baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peaches are baking prepare your crisp. In the same bowl mix your oats, almond flour, chopped raw pecans, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Mix with a spoon until mixture is crumbly. You can also use your hands for this part.
- Once peaches have baked 20 minutes sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly over the top. Bake the crisp for 20 more minutes until the crisp golden brown and the peaches are bubbling. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with your favorite ice cream or a dollop of greek yogurt.
Easy no fuss bowls that are perfect for meal prep, lunch and dinner. Prepare these bowls and have a healthy lunch or dinner for the week!
After a week of all inclusive eating tacos and drinking margaritas in Mexico, its time for a little break. Craving all the vegetables!! These are my favorite bowls to eat during the week. Once you make this bowl you will find yourself wanting more, healthy eating does not have to be gross or boring.
Before we jump into the recipe I want to say that I don’t think of these bowls as a “recipe” they are customizable and easy to make. You can put different veggies in your bowl every time out just stick to your favorites.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
Hearty noursih bowls perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep!
- 2 cups cabbage (purple or green) cut in thin strips
- 1 zuchinni sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 bell pepper sliced core and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Spread out and evenly place veggies on your baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss till veggies are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender but crisp on edges.
- While veggies are roasting prepare your quinoa. In a small sauce pan combine water, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and cover. Cook for 15 mins then turn off heat, keep covered for 7 minutes while heat is off. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Assemble bowls by adding quinoa and an assorment of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with feta, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Enoy!
- Note- if you are mal prepping you can place everything in containers and microwave when you are ready to eat.
- Optional but totally reccomened to add avocado chunks!
This easy, spicy cilantro jalapeño hummus is going to be your new favorite dip! Hummus is my go to healthy dip! It is so versatile and I love to play around with the flavors and this cilantro jalapeño packs such great taste!
Serve it with a variety different veggies, crackers, or pita chips for dipping. Spread it on your avocado toast and top it with a fried egg, game changer! Make in minutes if your using canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans). The hummus is addicting. I left it in the fridge and when I came back it was gone! It is great addition to serve on your veggie platter!
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus
Creamy, addicting and delicious!
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 inch thumb of jalepeno, more if your like it spicy!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and process till smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed! Enjoy!
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite protein choice. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! This chicken salad is made with a greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!