Roasted Tomato Soup is rich and full of flavor. Made with roasted carrots, onion, garlic and tomatoes. This recipe is vegan, healthy, and delicious!
Roasted Tomato Soup should always be warm, cozy, hearty and delicious! Roasting the veggies first makes this recipe so easy and bursting with flavor. Once your done roasting the veggies this cozy soup comes together in minutes!
So you’re probably wondering how does one end with 3 pounds of tomatoes? Thank you, neighbor! What a generous neighborly gift! So here’s the thing, maybe you know but homegrown organic produce just doesn’t last long, not even in the fridge it has to be eaten quick. Luckily I have 4 very hungry mouths to feed and well this recipe used up all these juicy tomatoes!!
You can say this is a summer soup however I would say this is a bridge into Fall soup! Heck, I could have Roasted Tomato Soup weekly, in particular on cold fall nights! Ever dunked a grilled cheese inside your soup, life-changing, is this just an American thing?! Often I run out of grilled cheese before my soup is done so I came up with these mini grilled cheese to put in the soup!! Basically just cut my grilled cheese into tiny squares, crouton size… OH MY YUM! I will never eat this soup another way!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
- First start by arranging your tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic on your baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and spices and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Once they are roasted, place veggies in a soup pot and add in 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk. Using an Immersion blender, blend until soup is smooth. Or using small batches blend in a blender till smooth. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in bowls, top with mini grilled cheese, parmesan, or toast!! Enjoy!
What kind of tomatoes should I use?
- Vine ripe or Roma works best! Be sure to half them before roasting. No need to remove skins.
What do I serve with tomato soup?
- Breadsticks go great! Typically grilled cheeses are served with a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soup however a Cesar salad and garlic bread go great with it!
- YES! I store mine in a freezer friendly zip lock bag! It will keep for a month.
- 3 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 13 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Fresh Basil for Garnishing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine your halved tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried basil. Toss and coat.
Spread out veggies on your prepared baking sheet.
Roast for 35 minutes.
Once roasted, remove the veggies and place them into a soup pot.
Add in your canned coconut milk.
Blend with an immersion blender till smooth OR in small batches blend in your blender till smooth.
Ladle soup into bowls and serve with fresh basil(optional).
Optional Serving Suggestions
- grilled cheese
Yield:10 | 2 Freestyle Points|
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 55mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
This is the tastiest and easiest broccoli, kale, and cheddar quiche recipe. Start with a pre-made pie crust, sauté your veggies, whisk your eggs and bake! You can personalize this quiche by us using your favorite veggies, cheese and even adding in your favorite protein.
Quiche is simple and a total crowd-pleaser also a great way to get in green veggies. You can eat it at any meal and it is very easy to reheat. This quiche is the perfect addition to your breakfast spread.
I think we can all agree quiche is the best party food, most adore it. Serve this up at your next shower, brunch or small gathering. Such a delicious and easy meal, you are going to love every last bite. If you do not like the strong flavor of kale swap it out for baby kale or spinach they are milder.
Can I bake without a crust?
Yes!! The same way you would bake with a crust just generously spray your dish with cooking spray to avoid sticking. I love crustless quiche however my kids love the crust!
How to make Kale, Broccoli, and Cheddar Quiche:
Bake pie crust: pre-heat your oven and bake crust for 10 minutes.
Cook the kale, broccoli, and onion. Melt butter in a non-stick pan and sauté veggies till soft. Let cool.
Mix: Mix together eggs and milk.
Combine: stir in cheese and veggies into the eggs.
Bake: pour filling into your partially baked pie crust and bake!
Love quiche? Also try, Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Quiche
Kale, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, can sub half and half or nonfat
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place your pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add in the kale, onion, and broccoli. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till veggies are tender and fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In medium sized bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk till combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour filling over your partially baked pie crust an bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad is one of our family favorites! A quick weeknight meal everyone loves. Use the leftovers for tacos, bowls, burritos, quesadillas and on top of salads! Pollo Asado truly is the perfect blend of sweet and smokey.
Happy first day of Fall my amazing blog family, we are steadily growing and I could not be more thankful! September days are nearly over and we are full steam ahead into the Holliday season. Now with the kids back in school, time is of the essence especially because I have become that mom taxi! Honestly if I am not totally organized I feel like everything will fall apart. Thus, I like to create quick ad delicious weeknight meals packed with nutrition. I avoid getting takeout during the week by planning my meals every Sunday however some weeknight call for takeout occasionally.
Mexican food is one thing we can all get on board within my household. Pollo Asado is sweet and slightly smokey it tastes fantastic with some extra lime juice drizzled on top. I recommend you marinate chicken 2-4 hours or overnight. It tastes best grilled or cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days and you can use it in different meals so it won’t feel like your eating the same old leftovers!
We like ours over a bed of rice with a side of avocado salad. The flavors in the bowl come together beautifully. What’s Mexican food without a little rice and beans! I typically serve this with beans however I just happened to be out! These bowls will not disappoint!
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad
- 2 lbs chicken, can use breast, thighs or whole
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 - 2 cups rice cooked according to package
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pollo Asado:
- In a large ziplock freezer bag and in the adobo, citrus juice, minced garlic, and spices. Add in chicken pieces, seal bag massage chicken and marinate 2-4 hours. Don't let it marinate for longer the 24 hours as it will toughen the chicken, you want TENDER.
- Heat your cast iron and add cooking oil. Cook chicken on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes each side, or until center reads 165 F. If you choose to grill your chicken cook each side 7-10 minutes or until center reads 165 F and the outside is nicely chared. Let rest 3 minutes before cutting.
For the Avocado salad:
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and toss. Be carful not to smash the avocado.
To assemble bowls:
- Layer rice in 4 or 5 bowls and top with chiken and avocado salad. I like to add purple cabbage but green leaf lettuce wokrs great too! Enjoy!
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!