Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is a bright and fresh salad full of crunchy vegetables in every bite. Take it with you to a BBQ or serve it at home, this pasta salad goes with everything.
This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is one of those recipes you can serve with a lot of different dishes. We love it with our favorite grilled steak or chicken, and also on its own.
I have had orzo in my pantry for months, it’s one of those kinds of pasta I don’t use often but I should. Orzo tastes just like pasta, and it’s so easy to work with. Earlier this week I made it to Costco to get groceries it was a nightmare thanks to all the panic shopping going on because of COVID-19. I got lots of fresh produce and a big thing of feta crumbles, yum! I had everything on had to create this delicious Greek Orzo Pasta Salad!
Can I take this moment to do a little bragging? Okay! Both my kids thought Greek Orzo Pasta Salad was delicious!! They usually do not love dishes with diced raw onion, but no complaining this time, yay!
This Pasta Salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, a bbq, and even a gathering! Enjoy friends!
Love easy side dishes also try, Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, Beet, and Goat Cheese Salad + Golden Balsamic Dressing, Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/4 black olives, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook orzo till al dente. Drain and run under cold water till completely cooled.
- Combine orzo, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, olives, and onion in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, and red wine vinegar. Whisk till combined.
- Pour over the salad and stir.
- Fold in the feta.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnishes like fresh dill or parsley and lemon wedges.
If you like more feta or onion you can always taste and adjust to your preference.
This Easy Take-Out Style Chicken is a restaurant favorite and even better when you make it at home! Crispy slices of chicken breast stir-fried to perfection then tossed in a savory and slightly sweet and sticky sauce that is refined sugar-free.
Have you ever just been in the mood for some delicious Chinese take-out? I can’t really say I eat it often but when the craving hits it is always delicious splurge! Last night Kyson, my son was asking for Panda Express… if you are not familiar with it, its just fast food place for American-Chinese food. Heres the thing, it’s delicious but it makes me feel so gross afterward. I wasn’t in the mood to feel icky so I made my own style take-out for the fam!
After rummaging through the fridge I was able to pull out all the ingredients for this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken! The kids loved it, and so that’s a huge mom win!
How Do You Make Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
You will start this recipe by thinly slicing your chicken breast. The chicken slices will then be coated in corn starch. I recommend using non-GMO corn starch. The chicken is then stir-fried till golden and crispy.
What Is The Sauce Made Out Of?
The crispy chicken is then tossed in a savory and sweet Asian sauce. The sauce is made out of tamari, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Once the chicken is tossed in the sauce the fresh green onions are added and give this dish so much flavor.
Because I was low on groceries, I kept this dish super simple. You could add in any veggies you like to this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken. Some great additions are:
- bell pepper
I serve this dish over white rice for the family. For myself, I have a small amount of rice mixed with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
If your not a big fan of chicken breast you can use chicken thighs, shrimp, or beef. Regardless of what you use this recipe is delicious!
Love easy and healthy Asian inspired dishes, also try Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Bowls.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, boneless and skinless, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped, skin removed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onion sprigs, diced
- Place the thinly sliced chicken breast in a plastic bag with the corn starch. Seal the bag and give it a few shakes till chicken is coated.
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, till golden.
- Transfer chicken from the pan to a plate lined with a paper towel. It will absorb excess oil.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add in tamari, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and coconut sugar. Whisk together and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and green onions to the pan and toss till chicken is coated.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a simple and healthy recipe bursting with flavor. Have this delicious meal out in 20 mins from start to finish!
There is nothing like a warm bowl of curry on a chilly day. I don’t know what is going on with me but I can not get enough of this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry. Literally I’ve eaten this 4 times in the past week!! My curry cravings are crazy, funny thing is that I never actually liked curry till 6 months ago! Maybe I am just making up for the lost time.
This dish has mild spice and is bursting with the most delicious cozy flavor. Serve it with some warm rice or naan and you got yourself the best meal ever! My love for curry lately is crazy, haha! The best part for me is it is that Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry is a quick, nutritious and delicious meal! I can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
A FEW RECIPES NOTES
- Use Veggies You Like in this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry: Broccoli, bok choi, peas, peppers, and eggplant would all be great additions!
- Rice: curry goes excellent with rice, rice noodles, and naan.
Love curry, also try 15 – Minute Chickpea Curry and Quinoa.
If you tried this Easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry please let me know how you liked it by leaving a rating and comment below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the delicious things happening around here!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 14 oz tofu, extra firm cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 15 oz coconut milk, canned
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt & Peper to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add in tofu and cook each side 1-2 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Transfer tofu to a separate bowl and add in the shallot and cauliflower. Cook for 1 minute. Then add in carrots, zucchini, garlic, and ginger let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together till well combined. Add back in tofu and bring the curry to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust if needed, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 244mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
The Egg Roll in a Bowl is a healthier twist on a traditional egg roll. This recipe has everything an egg roll offers without the deep-fried wrapper. It is vegan + gluten-free + refined sugar-free.
Ever just want Chinese takeout, but you just went grocery shopping and know you should probably use what you have, the story of my life! Egg rolls are my favorite especially with the sweet dipping sauce, however, Trader Joes Orange Chicken runs a close second.
After vacation, I’ve been making an attempt to just eat better. After having kids weight just seems to stick a little different, haha! And well it should be a no brainer that I ate all the tacos and margaritas in Mexico! Thus I really try to eat at home and use wholesome ingredients whenever possible.
Yesterday on our way home from the swim meet for my son we stopped by the store to pick up a few things for school lunches. Mondays sure do come quickly around here. Sunday grocery shopping is madness around these parts of town and the parking lots are not much better! Anyhow, I was on my way out of the grocery store it smelt like Chinese food, there is a Chinese restaurant close by and omg I knew what I wanted for lunch, Egg Roll in al Bowl of course! It is so easy to prepare and a great healthy alternative to deep-fried egg rolls.
This recipe is great for meal prep, make it once have it for the week! Egg Roll in a Bowl is a great way to add fiber to your diet. Cabbage has cancer-fighting sulfuric compounds yet another great reason to add it to your diet!
How To Make Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Optional Garnishes:
- siracha or garlic chili sauce
- coconut aminos
- bean sprouts
- green onion
Love quick meals? Also, try Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Bowls.
- 10 oz extra firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (can sub soy or tamari just use 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp agave
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cups carrots, grated (2 carrots)
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium-high. Add tofu and cook till golden brown about 3-4 minutes per side. You may need to stir more frequently to avoid sticking. Add more oil if necessary.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce or tamari), agave, black pepper and sriracha ( can sub chili garlic sauce).
- Pour sauce over tofu then add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; sauté till fragrant. Add cabbage and carrots sauté about 5 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and top with your favorite garnishes. Serve or rice or rice noodles.
siracha or garlic chili sauce
Stores great in the fridge and is an easy reheat!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 701mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g
Mexican Street tacos are one of my favorite foods! I love how easy they are to make and my family goes crazy for street tacos. There is no marinating necessary just a simple dry rub for the chicken thighs and your ready to grill. Serve on a warm tortilla and top it with cilantro, onions and the very best Chipolte Crema!
I love cooking chicken on my cast iron grill style pan because it always comes out perfect. There is nothing quite like street tacos. The combination of the perfectly grilled meat, zesty toppings, and finger-licking good sauce result in the ultimate meal. The flavor of these street chicken tacos will keep you coming back for seconds, thirds, maybe even fourths! My entire family loves these tacos and they can be served as a taco bar and have everyone customize their own or they can be prepared.
Use boneless chicken thighs they are always more tender and juicy than the breast. Traditional street tacos are simple no need to over complicate things. Top them with fresh cilantro onion and the very BEST chipotle crema. The creaminess of this sauce is the NEXT LEVEL. You can put it on any kind of taco and it will taste amazing. There is no wrong way to eat a taco however I highly recommend you never skip the spicy chipotle crema!
Chicken Street Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
Chicken Dry Rub
- 1 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, can sub greek yogurt
- 2 tsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotles
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cilantro dried, can sub fresh just dice very small
- 1 head cilantro diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- In a small bowl combine all dry rub spices.
- Sprinkle over your chicken thighs coating both sides.
- Spray your cast iron with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. You can also use your outdoor grill keep the temperature between 425-450 degrees.
- Cook chicken till it has cooked thru, or till center reads 165. Flip once halfway about 6-7 minutes per side, you want a nice char on the outside.
- Transfer to plate and cover with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Dice chicken up in small cubes.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together till smooth and creamy.
Assemble Chicken Street Tacos:
- Sprinkle chicken over a warm tortilla. Drizzle chipotle crema and sprinkle the cilantro and onions. Serve immediately! Enjoy!
This is the tastiest and easiest broccoli, kale, and cheddar quiche recipe. Start with a pre-made pie crust, sauté your veggies, whisk your eggs and bake! You can personalize this quiche by us using your favorite veggies, cheese and even adding in your favorite protein.
Quiche is simple and a total crowd-pleaser also a great way to get in green veggies. You can eat it at any meal and it is very easy to reheat. This quiche is the perfect addition to your breakfast spread.
I think we can all agree quiche is the best party food, most adore it. Serve this up at your next shower, brunch or small gathering. Such a delicious and easy meal, you are going to love every last bite. If you do not like the strong flavor of kale swap it out for baby kale or spinach they are milder.
Can I bake without a crust?
Yes!! The same way you would bake with a crust just generously spray your dish with cooking spray to avoid sticking. I love crustless quiche however my kids love the crust!
How to make Kale, Broccoli, and Cheddar Quiche:
Bake pie crust: pre-heat your oven and bake crust for 10 minutes.
Cook the kale, broccoli, and onion. Melt butter in a non-stick pan and sauté veggies till soft. Let cool.
Mix: Mix together eggs and milk.
Combine: stir in cheese and veggies into the eggs.
Bake: pour filling into your partially baked pie crust and bake!
Love quiche? Also try, Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Quiche
Kale, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, can sub half and half or nonfat
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place your pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add in the kale, onion, and broccoli. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till veggies are tender and fragrant. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In medium sized bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk till combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour filling over your partially baked pie crust an bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Honestly, what is better than a tender, crisp, golden-brown chicken cutlet! Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets can turn into the perfect chicken parmesan or star as the main dish at any meal.
Chicken Cutlets is a Gluten-Free dish everyone in my household loves. Serve it up with your favorite side dishes and you got yourself an insanely delicious meal. I believe anyone can make these and everyone will love them. The technique is simple, dip the chicken cutlet in almond flour, next dip in the egg, and lastly the panko mixture.
There are a few things you can do to ensure your success with chicken cutlets:
- First make sure your cutlet is not to thick, pound it out, baby! Pounding the chicken will keep it thin and also tenderize it.
- Second, don’t buy preseasoned panko, season it yourself! Fresh herbs are a game-changer do not sell yourself short!
- Seasonings and fresh herbs bring so much life and flavor to a dish.
- Lastly, do not forget the cheese!! More cheese.. even better, in my opinion, ha!
You can slather these chicken cutlets up with marinara and mozzarella for the most amazing chicken parmesan ever!! You’re going to love these guys!! They are a great weeknight meal option for the entire family!
Gluten-Free Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 4-5 ounce chicken cutlets 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- optional fresh basil for serving
- Use 3 shallow dishes. Spread flour in first dish. Beat eggs in second dish, and in the third dish combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano.
- Pat dry cutlets and season with salt and pepper. Using 1 cutlet at a time dredge in flour, dip in egg, and coat with panko mixture pressing gently to adhere. Transfer to a large plate.
Pan Fry Chicken
- Layer a clean large dish with paper towels. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 3 cutlets at a time cooking till golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Transfer cutlets to paper towel lined dish and cover with foil. Wipe skillet and repeat pouring in oil and cooking 3 cuttles at a time.
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad is one of our family favorites! A quick weeknight meal everyone loves. Use the leftovers for tacos, bowls, burritos, quesadillas and on top of salads! Pollo Asado truly is the perfect blend of sweet and smokey.
Happy first day of Fall my amazing blog family, we are steadily growing and I could not be more thankful! September days are nearly over and we are full steam ahead into the Holliday season. Now with the kids back in school, time is of the essence especially because I have become that mom taxi! Honestly if I am not totally organized I feel like everything will fall apart. Thus, I like to create quick ad delicious weeknight meals packed with nutrition. I avoid getting takeout during the week by planning my meals every Sunday however some weeknight call for takeout occasionally.
Mexican food is one thing we can all get on board within my household. Pollo Asado is sweet and slightly smokey it tastes fantastic with some extra lime juice drizzled on top. I recommend you marinate chicken 2-4 hours or overnight. It tastes best grilled or cooked in a cast-iron skillet. Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days and you can use it in different meals so it won’t feel like your eating the same old leftovers!
We like ours over a bed of rice with a side of avocado salad. The flavors in the bowl come together beautifully. What’s Mexican food without a little rice and beans! I typically serve this with beans however I just happened to be out! These bowls will not disappoint!
Citrus Pollo Asado Bowls with Avocado Salad
- 2 lbs chicken, can use breast, thighs or whole
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 - 2 cups rice cooked according to package
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 2 cups avocado diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Pollo Asado:
- In a large ziplock freezer bag and in the adobo, citrus juice, minced garlic, and spices. Add in chicken pieces, seal bag massage chicken and marinate 2-4 hours. Don't let it marinate for longer the 24 hours as it will toughen the chicken, you want TENDER.
- Heat your cast iron and add cooking oil. Cook chicken on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes each side, or until center reads 165 F. If you choose to grill your chicken cook each side 7-10 minutes or until center reads 165 F and the outside is nicely chared. Let rest 3 minutes before cutting.
For the Avocado salad:
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and toss. Be carful not to smash the avocado.
To assemble bowls:
- Layer rice in 4 or 5 bowls and top with chiken and avocado salad. I like to add purple cabbage but green leaf lettuce wokrs great too! Enjoy!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with protein and fresh mediterranean flavors! It is filled with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, feta and pine nuts. Each bite is filled with texture and flavor. Its gluten free and can be vegan if you omit the feta.
This salad is an excellent side dish to your favorite protein. It works excellent in meal prep and is a great dish to bring to any BBQ or potluck. It is easy to adjust you can add or omit anything to your own personal preference. Hooray for warmer weather we can finally enjoy cold salads!
I absolutely love salads for lunch. I always use what I have, but today I was not craving a green salad! The jar of quoina in my pantry called to me! Kale and quinoa are so 2018.. I know! However combined with all the flavor in this salad, you can not go wrong! I had my husband eating this salad for lunch too.
The balance between the fresh parsley and lemon give this dish such a bright flavor!
THIS IS A GOOD ONE.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, vinager, oregano, garlic powder till well combined. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, feta and pinenuts.
- Drizzle the dressing, and garnish with fresh parsley. Season to taste. Serve cold.
This easy chicken salad has the perfect blend of flavors and add-ins. It makes the very best sandwiches and wraps! It is simple and makes a great lunch. This salad can be spread out throughout the whole week. This chicken salad is made with a Greek yogurt base instead of mayonnaise. It combines so much flavor you are sure to enjoy every bite.
My days are busy, and time seems to fly around here. I spend a lot of time carting my kids around to school and sports practices. I’m starting to think a laptop is a good investment for work since I can’t seem to find more than two hour stretches at my desk. Some days it can be so hard to find the time to prepare lunch. It is in the moments I am not prepared and will go straight to the pantry for a snack which will turn into the entire package! As Brittany Spears would say, “Opp’s I did it again.” I really like to have this chicken salad on hand for times when there isn’t a lot of time. I heat a low carb flat wrap, scoop the chicken salad in and go about my day! I feel like there is a lot of mamas out there that can relate to lunch standing up, ha! This is one of those recipes you can use over a few days and it tastes amazing, doesn’t break the calorie bank and is so convenient!
So now that we have established that this is one of my favorite make ahead lunch recipes, let me give you some ideas how to eat it. Its versitle you can serve it on bread or croissants, in a wrap, or even stuffed in a tomato or piece of lettuce. I like to top mine with some chili flakes for some extra spicy goodness – its so good!
If you’re in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend layering up the toppings, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and avocado. Always go with your favorites!
LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed 1 lb chicken
- 3 stalk celery cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp diced chives
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, I like trader joes brand
- salt & pepper to taste
- Stir together the greek yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on top a salad, on some bread, in a tomato or a wrap! Enjoy!