Strawberry Pop-Tarts are made with flakey pie crust, strawberry jam filling, and a sweet glaze to top it off. This recipe is easy to make and a huge hit with everyone!
Strawberry Pop Tarts were my absolute favorite snack growing up! My parents were rather strict when it came to food so they always got us the ones at Trader Joes, but even those were so delicious! I got the idea on my run this morning, yes I was thinking about food and running, haha! It just popped in my head and I couldn’t get the idea out so I knew it was time to give these a try!
I had premade pie crust in the freezer for some time now, I think Trader Joe’s brand pie crust is the best tasting. I used both sheets up for these Strawberry Pop Tarts. There is a lot of steps in this recipe however its fairly simple to make. You can eat these pop tarts warm, so dang delish, or room temp! The kids and I have already gobbled up 3 of the six that were made today! Hubby will definitely help himself to a few tonight too when we Netflix and chill!
Never buy a store-bought pop tart again, there are so easy to make and taste so much better!!!
As I said, there are quite a few steps. Sometimes seeing that can overwhelm you, I totally get it! However, the steps are so easy here are a few pictures for guidance!
- Start with a floured surface, roll out your pie dough, and trim off edges with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Cut each pie crust into three strips, you will have a total of six. Add a spoonful of your strawberry jam mixture to one side of each strip.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Fold the top of the strip over.
- Using a fork crimp edges together on all 4 sides.
- 2 whole refrigerated pre-made pie crusts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam ( any fruit spread will work)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot (can sub corn starch)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 4 tsp water (or more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk, one egg set aside. In another small bowl mix together your jam and arrowroot set aside.
- On a floured workspace slightly roll out your pie crust.
- With a pizza cutter or knife trim off round edges. Divide the crust evenly into three strips. Do this for your other pie crust too.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tbsp of jam on one end of each strip. Brush the edges with egg and fold the dry end over.
- Using a fork crimp the edges together on all four sides. Repeat for all pop tarts.
- Transfer pop tarts to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, let cool.
- Whisk together powder sugar and water to create your icing glaze. Spoon over icing over pop tarts and immediately pour on your sprinkles before icing sets.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature, both are delicious! Enjoy
Pecan Pie Bars absolutely a delectable dessert to complete any celebration this holiday season! They are so sweet, salty, crunchy, and buttery!
Move over pumpkin its pecan season! But really guys if I had to pick my favorite holiday dessert these would take the crown. These bars are much tastier and easier to make than pecan pie. The soft shortbread layer mixed with the crunchy pecans in a sweet, salty and sticky mixture, trust me this has everything you want in a dessert.
Today I am bringing my pecan pie bars to my kids swim practice and handing them out that way I can share the love and not consume all 12 myself, haha! After all who doesn’t love homemade baked goods!
BEST EVER PECAN PIE BARS
You might find yourself wanting to make these bars year-round, I don’t blame you! Pecans are very popular this time of year. Fair warning these bars are so addicting everyone will be asking you for the recipe! Have a new neighbor, take them these bars they will love you forever! Christmas cookie exchange, these bars are perfect!
HOW TO MAKE PECAN BARS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Start by making your shortbread crust. With an electric mixer cream together your butter and sugar, then add in your flour, and salt create a crumble. I find it is easiest to this with my hands.
- Press your crust onto the bottom of your lined baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make the filling melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and add in sugar, coconut cream, agave and vanilla extract. Dissolve sugar and add pecans cook for 1-2 more minutes on low heat.
- As soon as the crust is done baking pour over your filling and bake for 20 more minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
- They will set quicker in the fridge, I like to let mine sit in the fridge overnight.
HOW DO I STORE PECAN BARS
Well, if you have any left the store great in the fridge for up to 4 days. These bars freeze well too, stick them in a freezer-safe bag and they will be good for 4 months!
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter ( 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 1/4 cup pecan pieces
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Start by making your shortbread crust. Cream together your butter and sugar, then add in your flour, sugar, and salt create a crumble. I find it is easiest to this with my hands.
Press your crust onto the bottom of your lined baking dish. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
To make the filling melt butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat and add in sugar, coconut cream, agave and vanilla extract. Dissolve sugar stirring frequently on medium-low heat. Add pecans and keep stirring for 1-2 more minutes on low heat.
As soon as the crust is done baking pour over your filling and bake for 20 more minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
They will set quicker in the fridge.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g