The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
These lemon bars have a bright and tart flavor. They are incredibly creamy and smooth. These gluten-free, raw & vegan bars come together easily with a blender and food processor.
There is somthing about lemon bars that just makes my tastebuds sing! The are the perfect mixture of tart and sweet. I have never tried baking lemon bars, in fact I often just use my oven as a storage drawer, ha! I may have to give it a go one of these days!!
So lets talk about these bars. The crust is so naturally sweet, thanks to the dates. If your dates are not soft, you will want to soak them in hot water for at least 5 minuets. The cheesecake filling is batter licking good. Soaking your cashews will help soften them up, and in turn give you the creamiest filling. If you do not use agave feel free to sub for any liquid sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, brown rice syrup..). These bars are a healthy spin from your baked lemon bar. Different textures but in my opinion 100x more delicious, and not to mention a ton healthier! The raspberry swirl is so extra.. I know! It really gives these bars such great flavor. If you decide to leave it out don’t worry, the bars are delicious with or without! I hope you give these bars a try!
No Bake Lemon Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup pitted gooey medjool dates 8-10
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- dash of pink salt
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 4+ hours, preferable overnight, rinsed and drain before use.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 cup raspberries + 1 tbsp water
- Line a 8" square dish with parchment paper for hassle free removal. Grease it with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a food processor, add in all crust ingredients. Process till sticky and doughy. If your dates are dry and mixture is not sticky add water slowly. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a high-powered blender (I use vitamix) combine all of the cheesecake ingredients and blend for about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Taste your batter, if needed adjust sweetness/tartness to your desired taste. Pour batter over your prepared crust and smooth the top. Hit against the counter a few times to rid any air bubbles.
- In your blender place raspberries and water, blend till smooth.
- With a spoon place blots of raspberry all over the top. Using a knife or tooth pick, create swirls going back and forth or in circles, whatever your feeling!
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours before serving.
- They can be served frozen, but are best thawed 10-15 minutes before serving. They will store in the freezer sealed for 3 months.