Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is incredibly delicious and simple to make! Tossed in a golden balsamic dressing this is the perfect salad for every occasion.
No salad pleases my taste pallet more than beet and goat cheese salad. The combination mixed with my golden balsamic dressing makes for an irresistible salad! Do not worry if you don’t like goat cheese because feta is an excellent substitute or no cheese. I bought this salad to my in-laws on Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with all the amazing thanksgiving side dishes!
The very first time I had beet and goat cheese salad was 5 years ago at my brother-in-law’s wedding, this salad pretty much swept my pregnant self off my feet. Since then I have been putting this salad into our weeknight meal rotation. My kids and hubby both love it which is a big bonus and I will never complain when they are eating their greens.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad is healthy and delicious! I use arugula however I have subbed it with baby spinach and it was equally delicious. This salad will taste great with any baby lettuce or spring mix. I bring this salad most places I am asked to bring a salad. This salad is dedicated to all my people who are always asked to bring a salad if you know you know! So if you are one of those you better make the most delicious and aesthetically pleasing salad around!
Why do I love this salad so much?
- Simple ingredients: arugula, beets, candy pecans, and a bosc pear. I purchased all my ingredients at Trader Joes.
- Flexibility: you can swap out arugula for baby spinach. Any nut will work however I highly recommend candy pecans or walnuts. I love goat cheese especially with this salad but feta is an easy swap.
Love great tasting salads, also try Tuscan Kale Salad with Apples!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 oz arugula
- 1 Bosc pear cored and sliced
- 5 oz package or steamed and peeled beets
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 4 oz goat cheese
Golden Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar ( like a mason or wreck jar) place cap on and give it a few shakes. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dice beets into small pieces.
- Core and slice pear thinly.
- Add arugula to a salad bowl and top with beets, pear slices, and candy pecans.
- Crumble goat cheese and place on top of the salad.
- Add salad dressing, toss and combine.
Tuscan Kale Salad is the perfect Fall salad full of sweet, crisp, and savory flavor! A simple salad to make and healthy too!
Do you love Fall salads!? I sure do!! This big bowl of kale salad will make you a kale lover! This year and every other year I get asked to bring a salad to my in-law’s Thanksgiving lunch. Every year I make a different one and this year, in particular, I haven’t decided yet! I know it is in 2 days…ha! It’s a toss-up for me between kale salad or arugula beet and goat cheese! I really love salad and am terrible and making choices!
My husband and Kale salad have come along way! Their relationship started when we met, haha! We did have a good 3-year vegan run together in what feels like forever ago! Sometimes I feel like people have to acclimate to the taste of kale, I get it its not for everyone but I do believe it becomes an acquired taste! In fact, hubs actually ask me for kale salads! Especially this one it’s just so good!!
The flavor in this salad is amazing, you get a little bit of everything! I used a mix of granny smith apples and honey crisp. I kept this salad super-low maintenance👌 and used candy pecans from traders also snagged my dried cranberries there too!
The dressing I made was absolutely delicious and really brings all the flavors together. The blend lemon poppy seed is one of my favorites! This kale salad is easy to make and full of incredible flavor, I just love it so much!
How do you make Tuscan Kale Salad
- Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems. The Stems can be rather rough so do not skip this step
- Chop kale and place in your salad bowl
- Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
- Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
- In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
This is not like other salads that become a wilted mess overnight! Latticino Kale is a tougher leaf and will keep 1-day before it starts looking very sad. The longer you let the kale sit in the dressing the more flavorful your salad will be.
If you make this Tuscan Kale Salad, please leave this recipe a rating!! I absolutely love hearing and engaging with you!
- 2 heads kale, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz bag candied pecans, I used Trader Joes brand
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of unexpected cheddar Trader Joes brand, shredded (or sub parmesan)
- 1 cup croutons
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juiced ( 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp agave ( if you like a sweeter dressing you can always taste and adjust by adding more)
- salt & pepper to taste
Start by washing 2 heads of latticinio kale and pulling the leaves off the stems. To do this start and the bottom of the stem with you figure tips around the stem and pull it all the way to the top, dispose of stems.
Chop kale and place in your salad bowl.
Slice your apples and avocados and place them on top of your kale.
Sprinkle with croutons, dried cranberries, parmesan, and candy pecans.
In a mason jar or a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
Pour your dressing over your salad, toss, serve, and enjoy!
If you prefer a sweeter salad dressing, add in a little more agave, taste and adjust to your desired level of sweetness.
Serving Size:1 | 8 freestyle points |
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 172mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with protein and fresh mediterranean flavors! It is filled with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, feta and pine nuts. Each bite is filled with texture and flavor. Its gluten free and can be vegan if you omit the feta.
This salad is an excellent side dish to your favorite protein. It works excellent in meal prep and is a great dish to bring to any BBQ or potluck. It is easy to adjust you can add or omit anything to your own personal preference. Hooray for warmer weather we can finally enjoy cold salads!
I absolutely love salads for lunch. I always use what I have, but today I was not craving a green salad! The jar of quoina in my pantry called to me! Kale and quinoa are so 2018.. I know! However combined with all the flavor in this salad, you can not go wrong! I had my husband eating this salad for lunch too.
The balance between the fresh parsley and lemon give this dish such a bright flavor!
THIS IS A GOOD ONE.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, vinager, oregano, garlic powder till well combined. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, feta and pinenuts.
- Drizzle the dressing, and garnish with fresh parsley. Season to taste. Serve cold.