The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite choice of protein. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free. Filled with protein rich black beans, fresh veggies, and creamy avocado all tossed in tangy lime dressing. It is the perfect vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu rotation.
Quinoa, like I said before, so NOT 2018. It slowly has been pushed aside by queen cauliflower. In my opinion quinoa is way better. I incorporate quinoa into my weekly lunch rotation on the regular. Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It is healthy, very easy to make and relatively cheap when you get in from the bulk section. I always try to get all my nuts and grains from the bulk section to help keep grocery costs down.
Full of fresh corn, cilantro, avocado chunks, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black beans, a touch of cumin and oregano, all dressed in tangy lime juice… It will make your taste buds sing, so dang delicious!
If you use this salad for meal prep just leave out the avocado and store in the fridge. This is a great dish to bring to a summer party or potluck! The flavors are amazing and combine so well. If you can’t find fresh corn just use thawed frozen corn kernels. I used white quinoa with mine but tricolor would work great too. If you want to pack a little heat in your dish add in a dash of cayenne.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
The most delicious and fresh Mexican Quinoa Salad of all time. Full of things you most likely already have on hand! This is a complete meal, but also goes great with your favorite protein choice. The salad is vegan friendly, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 2 3/4 cup quinoa (1 cup of dry quinoa cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into small squares
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosly packed
- 2 limes juiced, about 5 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil can sub avocado oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl, gently toss. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!
Sweet, Salt and highly addictive snack mix. The perfect snack to bring in springtime!! It is filled with pretzels, cereal, m&m’s, Jordan almonds, and bunny grams, all coated in creamy white chocolate… no cooking required for this one!
This recipe is so much fun to make. I got the idea from my sweet girl Fiori, which I’m sure she heard about at preschool. However her intent is to actually catch the Easter Bunny so we can keep him, ha! Shortly after a discussion of why we probably should not catch the bunny, we started to create our Bunny Bait.
There is so many variations you can use, we mixed in what I had handy in the pantry. You can sub items you don’t like for items you do. This can easily be made for any Holliday, just change up the festive m&m’s, and throw in a few festive color sprinkles!
So I must warn you, should be called Bunny Crack, its addictive!!
To make the bunny bait, combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Melt your white chocolate, be carful you don’t burn it. White chocolate has a tendency to burn quickly. Best to stir every 25-30 seconds. As soon as chocolate melts pour over mix, white chocolate hardens quick.
Easter Bunny Bait
Sweet & Salty
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 2 cups multigrain squares or rice chex
- 2 cups cheerios
- 2 cups bunny grams (I used Annie's Organic)
- 1 cup chocolate drops or m&m's
- 1 cup Jordan Almonds
- 1 12 oz bag quality white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the pretzel sticks, multigrain squares, cheerios, bunny grams, m&m's, and Jordan almonds. Try to evenly distribute everything.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut oil and white chocolate chips. You can do this buy microwaving for 25 seconds, stir, then microwave for 20 seconds, stir again till smooth. If it needs longer, microwave in 10 send bursts. This can also be don by placing the bowl over hot water and stirring.
- Pour the smooth white chocolate over the snack mix. Stir and combine so everything gets coated.
- Transfer the mix to your prepared baking sheet. Spread it on one even layer.
- Let it harden at room temperature. If you want it to harden quicker place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Store in a air tight container.