Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup will be your new favorite weeknight recipe. Bursting with flavor in each bite and so filling!
Before I jump into this recipe I must share where my heart is at. With the passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter along with all the other passengers yesterday, I’d say it has been a very heavy, emotional past 24 hours. I’ve cried on and off and yesterday just felt dark. My heart goes out to his wife mourning the loss of her baby girl and her husband. No mother should ever feel the unfathomable pain she must be going through… I pray God wraps his arms around the families that have been broken. These situations really test our faith, I have so many questions. My heart goes out to each victim and the families affected.
Let this be a reminder to all of us to never take life for granted. Life is short, continue to cherish each moment and love with all your heart.
“The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
If I am being completely honest I have had this Jar of 10 bean mix in my pantry for MONTHS! I knew one day I would use it, I love beans. They are a wonderful source of protein and fiber and a great alternative to meat. Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup has a similar texture to chili but the taste was better in my opinion!
This week I am really focusing on lower our meat consumption by eating more vegan and vegetarian meals. I can not say I will ever be a vegan again but maybe more like a flex-A-tarian, kind of just made that up but I love the way it sounds!
This soup tastes amazing, my kids eat it with some crushed tortilla chips on top, and I like mine with some vegan sour cream, so yummy!!!
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan 10 Bean Taco Soup
- Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
- Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
- Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
- Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
- Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 half cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz ) tomato sauce
- 2 cups 10 bean mix
- 2 quarts veggie broth ( can sub stalk)
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup orzo
- Salt & Peper to taste
Rinse beans in a colander and set aside.
Select Sauté. Add the avocado oil, onion, and celery, carrots, and garlic to the pressure cooking pot. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender.
Add in taco seasoning and mix till combined.
Pour in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir and place the lid on the instant pot.
Lock the lid in place and select high pressure 50 minute cook time. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then finish with a quick pressure release.
Remove lid and stir in orzo, and put the lid back on. Let sit for 15 minutes or until orzo is soft.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy!
Garnish with your favorite toppings! We enjoy tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro!
Have a picky eater, serve it with a quesadilla for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 17gSugar: 9gProtein: 20g
Heres to warm meals on cold winter nights. Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup is hearty, cozy, healthy and delicious. Made with beans, potato, and kale and ready in no time.
My Brief Vegan Background
More plant-based meals are what my body has been asking for lately. I go through phases with food but when my body wants more veggies I give it more! I have come along way in the whole ‘balanced’ eating regimen. The idea of listening to my body has been a journey.
Did you know I was a vegan for 4 years, and a raw vegan for 1 of those years!? That’s right no meat, dairy or animal products for 4 years! The vegan diet is a wonderful one however for me it wasn’t sustainable. It all ties back to listening to my body. It came to a point where I had to question why am I vegan, was it for the Instagram family and community I rapidly built?
Long story short, yes, I was living for this community I had built this success and approval. I had ignored all signs but I am so glad I am here today practicing balance in all aspects of my life. Leaving the community was hard, got a lot of hate messages, threats and some friends I thought were friends left. It got to me and shut down my social media for a year. But, this was the best thing I really grew and worked hard on myself.
I love that I am finally comfortable to be here on this huge cyberspace again. Sharing all the recipes with you is what I LOVE about my job. This place of balance and self-acceptance I have found is beautiful and I hope you find yours too! Whatever it looks like for you I am always here as support! It is so silly to judge others based on the decisions they make to live a better and happier life! Cheers to you and all your doing to live out your very best life!!
Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup
What I love about this soup is the heartiness of it! Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup is healthier comfort food you can feel good about eating. I love it on cold nights with some warm sourdough bread, it’s an amazing combo. The addition of parmesan and fresh basil on top is another great way to enjoy this soup, to keep it vegan get some vegan parmesan at Whole Foods. I highly recommend Violife, I’m not sponsored just really like their vegan cheeses!
How To Make Instant Pot Bean Potato & Kale Vegan Soup
- Turn your pressure cooker to saute mode.
- Add in avocado oil, onions, potatoes, kale, and garlic, saute for 8-10 minutes till veggies are softened and fragrant.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add in beans, crushed tomatoes, broth, water, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir till combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and select pressure cook, set time to 10 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Dish, Serve, Enjoy!
- Garnish with your favorites, parmesan & fresh basil work great!
Love an easy Instant Pot recipe, also try Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups russet potatoes, diced ( 2 russet potatoes)
- 2 cups curly kale, chopped & stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 32 oz veggie broth or stock
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 vegan chik'n bouilon cube
- salt & pepper to taste
Turn your pressure cooker to saute mode.
Add in avocado oil, onions, potatoes, kale, and garlic saute for 8-10 minutes till veggies are softened and fragrant.
Stir in seasonings.
Add in beans, crushed tomatoes, broth, water, and vegan bouillon cube. Stir till combined.
Add salt & pepper to taste.
Place lid on Instant Pot and select pressure cook, set time to 10 minutes.
Quick-release the pressure and remove the lid.
Dish, Serve, Enjoy!
Garnish with your favorites, parmesan & fresh parsley work great!
Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.