These quick and easy tostadas are my go weeknight meal in a pinch! Crunchy tostada shells topped with refried beans, ground taco meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream.
This recipe is very versatile each person can select their own toppings and make it their very own, personal tostada. I’ve wanted to share this recipe for a while, there is no shame in quick dinners, we are human! With the kids home from school now some days are amazing while others leave me exhausted.
Neither of my kids happens to be big fans of beans, but for some reason, they are good with refried beans. Once the taco meat is cooked and beans are warmed this meal is pretty much done. These tostadas will also come in clutch for meatless Monday, omit the ground turkey and you got yourself a delicious meatless Monday meal!
Ingredients for Tostadas
The list of ingredients can be as little or long as you like. Load them up with as much or little toppings as you desire. If you don’t have ground turkey on hand tostadas and leftover rotisserie chicken, a perfect simple and easy match.
Here are other great quick and easy meals to try:
- Easy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Quick & Easy Wonton Soup
- Easy Hawaiian Chicken
- Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Crunchy tostada shells, store bought
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans, warmed
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups shredded lettuce, romaine and iceberg work best
- shredded cheddar cheese for sercving
- sour cream for serving
- hot sauce for serving
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble ground turkey, onions, and minced garlic until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add in the cumin, chili, and garlic powder, cook till done about 2-4 more minutes.
- To serve spread warmed refried beans over tostada shells and top with ground turkey. Serve with toppings desired, enjoy!
These easy baked chicken drumsticks are a perfect way to make juicy tender chicken the whole family will love. Made in a simple and flavorful marinade that doubles as a sauce for the perfect meal. They are a little bit sweet and a little bit salty.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks are perfect for feeding the family, they are easy to work with and relatively inexpensive. I love that drumsticks pair so well any side dish, we serve them up with some rice, salad, and butter french bread. The marinade that cooks with the chicken is the perfect sauce to top on your rice or Perfect Mashed Potatoes.
Not only is the recipe easy and delicious it’s a huge hit with the kids!
How to marinate Perfectly Baked Chicken Drumsticks
My marinade is simple but packs such amazing flavor. It consists of yellow mustard, honey, fresh parsley leaves, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Wisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl and place the chicken in a large zip lock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and remove as much air as possible from the bag. Seal the bag and massage marinade into the chicken.
Let chicken marinate in the fridge, I find 2 hrs and longer is best for maximum flavor, however, if your short on time 30 minutes is okay too!
This sauce taste so dang good! We pour it all over our sides, its truly perfect for rice, mashed potatoes, and veggies!!
Recipe tips for Perfectly Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Baking Dish. Do not use a sheet pan it will become awfully messy, use a baking dish with high sides to keep all the juices in. You don’t want the dish too small, chicken should not be on top of each other.
- Make Clean up Easy: Line your baking dish with foil, you don’t want to be soaking and scrubbing it for a whole day, haha!
- Sauce: Pour it all over your rice, mashed potatoes, and veggies, YUM!!
- Check that temp: Always check the chicken temperature to ensure the meat is fully cooked 165 degrees F.
- Chicken Skin: I love crisp skin, I will broil the dish for 3-5 minutes after baking to give it a nice crisp skin.
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 honey
- 1/3 fresh parsley leaves, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks, about 2 1/2 pounds
- Wisk together the yellow mustard, honey, fresh parsley leaves, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large zip lock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and remove as much air as possible from the bag. Seal the bag and massage marinade into the chicken.
- Let chicken marinate in the fridge, 30 minutes or more, I find 2 hrs + is best.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with high sides with foil.
- Layout chicken drumsticks and marinade on your prepared baking dish. You don't want the chicken fully covered in the marinade, half the chicken should be out.
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Take the chicken out and turn up the oven temp to 450 degrees F. Turn chicken so the bottom side that was in the sauce is now facing up.
- Bake the chicken for 10-15 more minutes, until sauce is bubbling and skin is slightly golden. If you like a nice crispy char on your skin broil for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve the chicken and sauce with rice and veggies for a complete meal. Enjoy!