Nothing says October like Pumpkin Spice. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are packed with pumpkin and topped with sugar. They are super moist and absolutely delicious. How else would I celebrate on the first day of October?
I could eat pumpkin muffins year-round. They give off all the cozy Fall feels. This time of year it seems like Trader Joe’s explodes with pumpkin everything and I am all for it! First on my list of pumpkin things to make is pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Next, these amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Pumpkin muffins are a great pair to your cup of coffee or tea. Freezer friendly only takes second to reheat in the microwave.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp almond butter any nut butter will work
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar, if you like a sweeter muffin add in another 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- dash of salt
Spice and Sugar topping
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray each of them with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together your flour and baking powder then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, sugar, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Whisk in the flour mixture to your large bowl of wet ingredients BUT be careful to not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and pumpkin spice for topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners and sprinkle each muffin with the sugar and pumpkin spice mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5-7.