Avocado Sushi Rolls are the best easy make at home sushi! This recipe is kid-friendly and a total crowd-pleaser, who doesn’t love avocado!
Cheers to the only sushi I like that’s pregnancy safe, Avocado Sushi Rolls! I dream about spicy tuna rolls and seared ahi on the daily. I’m at the halfway point of this pregnancy so just a short 20 weeks or less till I’ll be enjoying a spicy tuna roll again!
My daughter Fiori loves avocado sushi, this was her request today. She actually wanted to go out but restaurants around here are still closed and doing take-out only. So for some reason, I thought this would be 100 times harder to make it but Avocado Sushi rolls are so simple to make! You don’t need special sushi roll equipment, however, if you have it feel free to use it! I used a cutting board and a very sharp knife.
How to make Avocado Sushi Rolls
**note this recipe makes more rice then I needed, about a 3/4 cups left, however, you can save it for more rolls throughout the week**
- Start by cooking your rice in a small saucepan or instant pot.
- Simmer your rice vinegar, cane sugar, and salt. Once sugar is dissolved pour mixture into your cooked rice. Set aside let cool.
- Working on a clean cutting board place nori sheet rough side down. Spread rice evenly onto the sheet leaving 1/2 room at the top.
- Arrange avocado slices across the center of the rice.
- Gently lift the end of the nori sheet (not the 1/2 inch empty side) rollover the avocado and roll again. Moisten the end of the nori sheet with a little water to help seal. Set aside and continue with the remaining nori sheets, rice, and avocado.
- Using a sharp knife, cut rolls up into 6-8 pieces. Serve cut side down with soy sauce or your favorite sushi condiments.
Also, try these easy Asain inspired dishes:
- Asian Steak Bites & Coleslaw Bowl
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Easy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
- Hibachi Style Chicken
- Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
Avocado Sushi Rolls
Avocado Sushi Rolls
Using a sharp knife, cut rolls up into 6-8 pieces. Serve cut side down with soy sauce or your favorite sushi condiments. Enjoy!