The recipe for Easy Hawaiian Chicken is a delicious sweet, savory chicken that the whole family will love. This is an easy dinner and perfect for entertaining too.
My craving for L&L Hawaiian bbq, a local hole-in-the-wall Hawaiin food joint, inspired this meal! This easy Hawaiian chicken reminds me so much of the chicken I used to get there.
My brother and I would stop at this place often after swim practice, and it hit the spot! I sure do miss the days I could eat whatever I wanted, oh, the life of a swimmer, haha! Oh man… it is truly delicious and probably full of ingredients you don’t want to find yourself eating every day! My favorite is the Hawaiin chicken plate served with Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad salad and rice.
Because of all the restaurant closures due to Covid-19, we are forced to recreate some of our favorite takeout meals. My heart truly goes out to all the small businesses that have closed their doors, this pandemic truly is not easy on anyone! I am hoping for the best for everyone!
Introducing a healthy version of my favorite Hawaiian take-out, Easy Hawaiian Chicken!!
Love easy weeknight dinners, also try
- 1 lb - 1.3 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
Hawaiian Chicken Marinade
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp canned pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, can sub any cooking oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Place the ketchup, agave, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, avocado oil, giber minced garlic, and soy sauce into a medium-size bowl or a zip lock bag. Mix till well combined.
- Add chicken and marinate for 3-24 hours.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat or a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with rice, your favorite vegetable side, and Healthier Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 953mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 33g