Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are soft, chewy, and loaded with gooey chocolate and pieces of walnut. This recipe is gluten-free + refined sugar-free and ready in 30 minutes!
Hand’s down my new favorite cookie bar and its just a bonus that it is paleo! The texture is soft with crisp edges the way a cookie bar should be. Taste is naturally sweet from coconut sugar which can equally be subbed for brown sugar. I added walnuts because chocolate chip cookies with walnuts happen to be my favorite! So I figured why not add them to these amazing bars!
Lately at night once the day is officially over for me, kids asleep ????, and the kitchen is clean I like to unwind. Recently its been me, the couch, a cup of peppermint tea and a baked good, damn that sweet tooth! I try to keep my late-night treats as healthy as I can but still satisfying. As I was sipping my tea all I wanted to eat was chocolate chip cookie last night so I got up and these glorious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars were born!! So much for unwinding haha! ???? I tore up my small kitchen at 9 pm but it was so worth it and so much better than eating my husband’s stash of double stuffed Oreos!
Make sure you use blanched almond flour because the almond meal is gritty! You can use grass-fed butter or ghee personally I like the flavor of grass-fed butter better. All your going to need is an electric hand mixer, a mixing bowl, and a tin baking dish!
So are you ready for some of the best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie bars?
If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @kayscleaneats and using the hashtag #kayscleaneats.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are irresistibly soft, chewy, and loaded with gooey chocolate and crunchy walnuts. This recipe is gluten-free + refined sugar-free and ready in 30 minutes!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched
- pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer (can use stand mixer too) mix together your butter and coconut sugar until well combined. Add is your eggs and vanilla extract keep mixing till just combined.
- Add in your, coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Transfer your cookie dough to prepared pan and smooth out into an even layer.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 22-27 minutes, until edges are golden and your content with the gooeyness of your cookie bars!
- Allow bars to completely cool before serving. Paleo flours crumble easy so it is important to let cool unless you are going to eat it hot with a scoop of ice cream! In that case, scoop out your cookie with a spoon.
Serving Size:12 cookie bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222