This Easy Take-Out Style Chicken is a restaurant favorite and even better when you make it at home! Crispy slices of chicken breast stir-fried to perfection then tossed in a savory and slightly sweet and sticky sauce that is refined sugar-free.
Have you ever just been in the mood for some delicious Chinese take-out? I can’t really say I eat it often but when the craving hits it is always delicious splurge! Last night Kyson, my son was asking for Panda Express… if you are not familiar with it, its just fast food place for American-Chinese food. Heres the thing, it’s delicious but it makes me feel so gross afterward. I wasn’t in the mood to feel icky so I made my own style take-out for the fam!
After rummaging through the fridge I was able to pull out all the ingredients for this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken! The kids loved it, and so that’s a huge mom win!
How Do You Make Easy Take-Out Style Chicken
You will start this recipe by thinly slicing your chicken breast. The chicken slices will then be coated in corn starch. I recommend using non-GMO corn starch. The chicken is then stir-fried till golden and crispy.
What Is The Sauce Made Out Of?
The crispy chicken is then tossed in a savory and sweet Asian sauce. The sauce is made out of tamari, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Once the chicken is tossed in the sauce the fresh green onions are added and give this dish so much flavor.
Because I was low on groceries, I kept this dish super simple. You could add in any veggies you like to this Easy Take-Out Style Chicken. Some great additions are:
- bell pepper
I serve this dish over white rice for the family. For myself, I have a small amount of rice mixed with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
If your not a big fan of chicken breast you can use chicken thighs, shrimp, or beef. Regardless of what you use this recipe is delicious!
Love easy and healthy Asian inspired dishes, also try Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Bowls.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, boneless and skinless, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped, skin removed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onion sprigs, diced
- Place the thinly sliced chicken breast in a plastic bag with the corn starch. Seal the bag and give it a few shakes till chicken is coated.
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, till golden.
- Transfer chicken from the pan to a plate lined with a paper towel. It will absorb excess oil.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add in tamari, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and coconut sugar. Whisk together and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and green onions to the pan and toss till chicken is coated.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!